Profile picture for tepelena

Finding a helpful agent!

Hi!
I am in the market to find a home or condo in Towson - Parksville area. The problem is that I have been in contact with a couple of agents but have been very disappointed. I understnad that they are in this business to make a living but it really bothers me as a buyer when I can see that all the agent cares about is making a sale.  I was interested on a HUD home and one of the agents didn't even know much about the process. I was able to find more information online about buying HUD homes than what the agent was telling me. The other was extremly pushy and even was trying to convince that I use their mortgage lender. I used the review here on Zillow but came across two problems. I would appreciate suggestions from buyers on agents they have used. Or how they found their agent. Hopefully in the area I am interested in. Thanks in advance.
  • March 29 2011 - Carney

It's sad to hear what you have gone through and don't put up with it. Interview the agent before you go see a property with them. It's possible you could be stuck with the agent that showed you the property because of the "threshold rule" we have.  I've serviced that area for 22 years, contact me if you have any more questions.

Buying a HUD home can be a pain and a waste of time in todays market. With all the fourcloused homes for sale, the banks are replying to offers rather quickly. If your are a first time home buyer you can also get 4.5% 30 year fixed rate through the Maryland mortgage program and they also have a companion program that your can get up to $5,000 to be used for down payment or closing costs. Not all lenders are approved by the state, we are of course, be glad to help.

I am so sorry to hear you've had a bad experience thus far. HUD homes in general recently have not been as prevalent in our area, which may be why those agents were not able to really explain the process. I know it has been a few years since I last did one. There are many other foreclosure banks out there that I have seen in the past few years.

I have two buyers agents who work with me. The first step is to sit down and have a counseling session. It takes about an hour to an hour & 1/2, and we explain the buying process, and how it works -- and how we work. We also learn more about you so we know how to best help you. If we don't have the answers you need, we will be sure to find them for you.

If you would like to meet with my team, please let me know. I can assure you that they are very helpful!

Sincerely,
Marney Kirk
Keller Williams Excellence Realty

Profile picture for Dunes....
tepelena

Please give this Blog a read through....It was put together over several years by a Non-Agent from suggestions/ideas/experiences of many people(Agents & Non-Agents)...

IMHO it is the most honest  & Best information for determining how to choose a Good Agent on the Internet....(With the exception that he should update the referance of a Directory to Zillow Directory which has the Better Agents instead of the Inferior Brand X one lol ;)

Please check it out.....I've Got My Fingers Crossed.
(Written by the Respected Zillow Contributor Rockinblu)

Ask your family members, friends, people at work if they can recommend a real estate agent to you. The bulk of successful real estate agents rely on referrals from past clients.

If you're interested in buying a HUD home, you will need to ask them if they have experience buying or selling HUD properties. HUD uses a proprietary door key system and not all agents have access to the golden set of keys. Although agents in a larger office will most likely have one set for use.