Profile picture for myimpressivehobby

Finding an experienced agent to purchase a house that is in the beginning stages of forecloser

My parents were the original owners of the house 20+ years ago (both now deceased). The house is vacant (since April 2011) but I spoke to the owners who are "letting it go back to the bank."  They claimed it had notgone into foreclosure "yet"(as of August 2011}.  I discovered who it was financed through and would like to try to negotiate a deal. I've been researching it on the internet and everyone seems to recommend finding a local agent that is experienced in this.  My question is how do I go about finding one in my area? 
  • October 29 2011 - Chehalis

Even with recommendations, I believe in interviewing agents carefully.  Here's a link to Ch, WA agents with profiles on Zillow.   You can refine the listing for foreclosure expertise if you wish.

Profile picture for craigfial
Your best chance to get the house its negotiating a short sale with an agent trained in how to negotiate them. If they stop paying the mortgage it could take 2 years to foreclose and no guarantee you will get it when it comes up for sale. If hou know the owners and they are cooperative, you have a good chance, if the owners are not going to help then you are better off looking for something else.

Profile picture for jhurlbut
I know a GREAT agent in Chehalis! Just let me know and I'll put you in contact with them! I'm sure they could help you out with this.