Profile picture for monarch989

First Look Process

I currently own a home in Charlotte.  I'm looking at a home that is under the First Look Initiative.  The home I own in Charlotte is a rental and I plan to live in the one that is listed under the First Look.  Can I put a bid in during the initial 15-day window since I will plan to use this home as the primary residence and my other home is a rental or am I still considered an investor?
  • September 18 2013 - Huntersville
  • 0

Best Answer

Yes, You don't have to be a "first time buyer" you just have to make the home your primary residence.. usually they will have you sign a paper that says you will move into the home within so many days and will occupy the home for so many years or you will pay a fine (usually $10,000) so make sure you are honest and plan on living in the home

hope that helps!

Profile picture for Tyler Tapley
He is correct.  As long as you plan on living in the home...you can submit the offer as an owner occupant.

your welcome! Good luck!!!

Profile picture for monarch989
That's great!!  Thank you so much for your help!