Profile picture for mcotrone87

First Time Buyer

My name is Mike and my wife is Leyla. We are wanting to buy our first starter home as a rental investment property. Something less that 100k, prefer something small that we can put a 10$k down payment or less and receive competitive APR on a 15-20 year fixed rate loan. 
My current credit score is 727, and it is improving and I am monitoring it on the Transunion website. My wife is a new US PR and has no credit rating as of yet, although she has been added to my credit cards and now has a secured mastercard.
My income is a bit more complicated. I work as a Teacher in China and I am the beneficiary of a Trust fund. I make about $40k a year. 

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Mike
  • March 08 2014 - Hot Springs
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for Tammy Hartman
Mike,
Just from what I am reading, you should be able to qualify for a loan. Find a loan officer to help preapprove you for the home loan. Check with local banks, credit unions and/or mortgage companies. I recommend that you talk to more than one so that you can compare rates. Once you have the ball rolling on the preapproval, do some research- use the "find a pro" tab here, and find a buyers agent in your area. They can do a search for you based on your criteria and guide you through the entire process.. 
Best of luck to you!

We would need more details about your background and finances, but you can likely qualify for some type of loan. One of the first steps to buying a home would be to speak with a lender that best fits your situation to get pre-qualified. Then when you do apply for a loan, lenders like myself will need to look at several different things if you are trying to prequalify for a loan. We will need to analyze your assets, credit, expenses, income, debt, employment, down payment, etc. Either way, the best thing for you to do is to speak with a knowledgeable lender to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck!