First Time Homebuyers Looking at Foreclosures

My wife and I are first-time home-buyers with little to no money to put down as a down-payment. We could wait a year and put 3.5% down as an FHA option, but with rates low and a baby on the way, we'd like to buy within the next 6 months. I heard that you can get $100 down-payment if you buy a bank-owned foreclosure- is that true?
  • August 30 2013 - Cherry Creek
  • 0

Hi there -

I hope this reply isn't coming too late, but I just had to respond to give you some great news! There is a program in the Denver Metro Area that can give you a GRANT of 4% down payment assistance with an FHA loan. That means you'll never have to pay it back! You can also get special Fannie Mae Homepath financing on Fannie Mae properties, but there are a limited number of those homes on the market.

I would LOVE to work with you and your wife to find your dream home and/or to discuss that down payment assistance program. Feel free to contact me through my profile...no pressure, no cost - just a great friend in real estate :)

My best,
Alex Frazier
Keller Williams Realty Downtown

There are a varity of different loan programs that are meant for home buyers that are looking to purchase a home with little money down. I would be more than happy to discuss these with you and see how i can assist you and your wife in becoming homeowners before the baby come. 

Feel free to contact me through my profile if you would like to talk more about how i can assist you in this process.

Thank You!