First time Home buyer seminar

I am within my first year of a very well paying job and ready to own some property but I don't know my options and the necessary steps to prepare my self. Where can I find first time home buyer seminar; real estate seminars; What are my federal and state qualifications?
  • December 05 2013 - Springfield Gardens
  • 0

One of the first steps in the home buying process is to speak with a lender to get a home loan. When you do apply for a loan, lenders like myself will need to look at several different aspects of your finances if you are trying to prequalify for a loan. Here are some things that are looked at:

1) Proof of income for each person that will be on the mortgage which can be demonstrated through: one month of pay stubs, previous year's W-2 forms and tax returns, official documentation to demonstrate other forms of income (alimony, child support, etc.), and two year's tax returns if self-employed (all schedules, all pages)

2) Credit Report which they will pull

3) Employment History or Business Tax Returns if you're Self Employed

4) Personal assets such as: Recent balances and statements for bank accounts, most recent account statement demonstrating market value of any investments (stocks, bonds or certificates of deposit), documentation showing interest in retirement funds, face amount and cash value of life insurance policies, value of significant pieces of personal property, debt information, the balances and account numbers of your current loans and debts, including car loans, credit card balances and any other loans you may have.

These are just a few things you should have ready when you begin your buying process. Well I hope this helps, if you have any other questions or need a loan please contact me through the information on my profile page. I hope this helps and good luck!

First step is to find out what you qualify for and that you'll know when you meet face to face with a Loan Officer. Seminars don't cover everything and are not informative about your specific financial situation. You can feel free to call or email me anytime and I would be happy to set up a one on one session, I'll let you know what documents you need and we can go over your options and the entire process. By the time you leave that meeting you'll have a clear picture of everything involved. If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER! Javier Meneses Senior Loan Officer NMLS #23130 [Content removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]

Profile picture for Kathy Bitter
Very often local lenders will sponsor these seminars.  Find a few strong local lenders and contact their mortgage departments to see if they have any seminars planned.  If not they may offer some quick informational meetings.  County extension offices will often run these for a small fee as well.