First time home buyer USDA RD Direct loan in Georgia

Looking to purchase a first-home in a USDA RD approved county, 65k home, 654 fico score as of Dec. 2013, Income qualifies for direct loan limits for our area, One credit card in good standing and payment history, employed 8 yrs. in current position, renting for 8 yrs. as well.  Rental is falling apart and has plumbing issues, landlord elderly and extremely slow to repair.

March 17 - US

Profile picture for jacqueline2miller
User725652219 did you get the USDA direct loan? What was the process if so?

April 14
Check with a Lender or Loan Officer about the Debt to Income Eligibility Ratio.  USDA generally requires a DTI of 29/41 to qualify. Although exceptions to 32/44 can be made if certain compensating factors exist this is only if all borrowers have at least a 680 middle score.

March 21
HI, I sell several homes w/ USDA: RD financing here in Louisiana. My best advice is to contact a local lender to determine if you qualify, but based on everything you're saying here you'd be a candidate for the 100% financing RD guaranteed loan.

Main RD Requirements:
Credit Score: 640+
Yearly Income: >$75,000
Cannot own another home (mortgage or no mortgage).

If your lender determines that you qualify, it is in your best interest to find an agent that has experience in RD loans. An experienced agent will know how to get the seller to pay part or all of your closing cost and word these concessions correctly in the purchase agreement. Precise wording in the contract can allow you to put little or no money down as a down payment on the home! I've closed many deals where the buyer closes w/ little or no money down.

Disclaimer: I am a licensed real estate agent in the state of Louisiana. I am NOT licensed to practice outside of Louisiana.

March 17
Any information or advice is greatly appreciated!

March 17
Will I run in to issues with funding availability?  During my research, I've come across incidents where funding was limited or unavailable at times in the past few years.   Will my using this program scare sellers or their agents away from selling to me?  I've also found that the approval/closing process under this program can take longer than a conventional mortgage loan and that last minute issues or lengthy delays tend to cause sellers or selling agents to not consider my offer because of the program. 

March 17
and the question is?....

March 17