Profile picture for Josh Ordiway

Floor layout

Hi I am trying to see what the floor layout of a house I'm looking at.  Is there a way to look at the layout somehow??\
  • November 06 2012 - Yuba City
  • 0

Actually there COULD be, but it takes a bit of leg work.

You will have to go to 2 places and see what they have on file.  1. County Assessor's office and 2. City Hall, go to the Building and Safety area, they should be able to direct you to where they have all the "permits" on the property.  Depending on how old the home is, somewhere between the 2 you should be able to find not only the floor plan, but measurements, etc.

I had to do that for a property I personally purchased a few years back because the City said one thing, and the County another...in the end, the City respected what was on record at the County, and that was that :)

Best wishes from So-Cal and good luck

Unfortunately if the listing agent doesn't add this to the property information, it doesn't tend to be available.   As a buyer, I wish it was.  It would save a huge amount of time in home searches.