For PA, what is the current lowest credit score for FHA loans?

Have been working to rebuild my credit and my score keeps going up.  I'm in the 570-580 range right now and would like to buy a house.  Are there currently any FHA lenders in PA that will give with a credit score in that range?  Thanks
  • July 17 2012 - Lancaster Township
  • 0

depends on the lender that you are thinking about using.  The lower the score, the tighter the regulations and more hoops to jump thru.   620 is a good baseline, but have done a deal with a 580 (very tricky)

I do 580 scores for FHA loans. Sometimes lower depending on the situation.

Best suggestion is what was suggested below. Give anyone of us a call or message us on here and we will be more than happy to assist you.

From what I have come across you can get as low as 580. I agree that you should contact any mortgage professional and they should be able to help you. You will have more options if you go on the Broker side rather than Banker side. I may also suggest that you try and find a home that is willing to do a lease purchase option for you. This may give you some time to work that credit up.

Hope everything works out!

Is the 570-580 range a "FICO" score or an online internet score???

There can be a huge difference.  FICO scores tend be lower than online scores.

Contact me through my profile if you need more clarification.

You would be able to obtain a quick answer to this question by contacting a mortgage rep. I can tell you that I don't believe you are too far off, and it seems you're on the right track. Many mortgage reps will help you improve your score and, in time, be ready to obtain a loan. I would be glad to recommend someone to you! Please email or call me for more information. What is your time frame for purchase?