For Rent Scam

Owner of one of my For Sale listings contacted me about the below scam:  Let me know if there is a way to track who did this?
Thank you,
Mike Vizenor
REMAX Professionals
651-206-8460
mvizenor@remax.net

I had someone else contact me about a fake housing posting for our house. They said they saw it listed as "for rent" on zillow for $500 per month. They then sent a series of emails back and forth with someone claiming to be me (danielle.eineke@outlook.com or danielle.k.eineke@outlook.com, I'm not sure which email) saying they were out of town and using an attorney to complete showings/paperwork for renting the property. Then of course asking for credit card information and a fee to process applications. She actually mailed a paper copy of the emails to the Cowern Pl address because she thought they were suspicious and wanted to let me know. The listing is no longer on zillow. I guess it's just something to keep an eye on in case they pop another listing up later? Maybe we could add a line to the house listing for interested parties to be aware of a false listing?

• July 28 2014 - Maplewood
  • 0