For the sale of property in loss.

Hi there,

I would like to know how taxes are being paid when  I sale my hose for lower price than what I bought it for.

thanks
  • September 12 2013 - US
  • 0

Taxes are based on your assessed value.  The new owner might have
adjusted taxes if that is how your area is set up but you have to pay what the tax card says.  If it had a lower assessed value, you might have been able to appeal your taxes prior to the sale.

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
Taxes are taxes and they don't change because of what you decide to sell for. Once set they are what they are and must be paid. You could talk with the city or county or state that imposed the tax to see if they would adjust them, but don't count on it.