Profile picture for tayninh

Foreclosure property had been sign!!!

I had been signed to buy the foreclosure property and told them if the house is good conduction after inspection, i will buy this property.  They said ok.  I waited for 2 weeks for them to turn on the water so that my inspector come over for inspect the house.  Until now I don't hear anything from them (seller).  So, I don't know they sell the house or not. 
What can i do ? can i cancel the contract ????

Thank for your help!
  • April 14 2010 - South Dorchester

Profile picture for The LaPeer Team
Is there a signed and executed contract? Has the earnest money been deposited with the escrow company? If not, there is no contract and the seller is not obligated to anything for you. If there is, then you should contact an attorney and let them review the contract and/or have your agent call the listing agent's broker.

Profile picture for tayninh
My Agent keep calling them and they said will call back.  and nothing happen yet.  Foreclosure (seller) said will turn on the water so that my inspector will come to inspect in agreement.

Profile picture for The LaPeer Team

That's all your buyer's agent said? Was the seller contractually obligated to turn on the utilities? Often times with foreclosures, the buyer is responsible for having the utilities turned on. Your agent should be able to tell you who was supposed to turn them on according to the contract.

Profile picture for tayninh
I contacted my buyer agent and he told me contact Attorney.

Your contract would need to be reviewed in order for me to answer that question.  What does your Buyer agent and or Attorney say?