Foreign Student (transitioning to OPT status) interested in purchasing a home in MA,how?

I'm a college senior graduating this december end and will be transitioning to an OPT in January and eventually a F-1 one year down the road probably. I am interested in purchasing a home in Massachusetts as an investment. What should i expect as far as downpayment requirements go (the usual 20%?) and interest rates and real estate related taxes? The type of homes I am looking at are studio apartments (natick, framingham areas).
  • December 05 2012 - US
  • 0