Profile picture for chlpatillo

Fradulent Information

Zillow has fradulently listed my home under pre-foreclosure. We have not been in default and never served by our lender or anyone else concerning this matter. I have spoken with my mortgage lender twice and assured it was not issued through them. I have contacted my county's Revenue Office, Register of Deeds and County Court Office and also assured they can not find anything. I have called Zillow for three days and left messages and yet to receive a return call. If this fradulent information is not removed and Zillow can not call or tell me where they got their information I am contacting an investigative reporter to look into the matter.

November 06 2012 - US

Did you click on the flag to report the erroneous information?     As they have been so prompt removing the ones (I, an outsider) have clicked, it appears that they do care about correct information and will correct errors that have come through the system.

Profile picture for chlpatillo
Thank you for the information. The information source listed under more information lists my husbands name, an out of state address and a non working phone number. We have tried to call it and even done reverse searches to try and find information surrounding the listing and have been unsuccessful. That is why Zillow should have checked their facts and information prior to fradulently listing my home in pre-foreclosure for all to see.

Have you tried clicking on the flag on the home details page related to foreclosure information?  You'll find it on the same row as the words "foreclosure information".     When I've flagged properties for a couple of other people, I usually get an E-mail within a business day or two that the foreclosure info has been removed.   (I'm not a Zillow employee).

Another interesting link to click is just below the foreclosure information where it says "more".  Often that provides the source of the information.