Getting Out of Purchase Contract - Contingent on Selling Existing homeWe have a purchase contract in OK with a contingency to sell our home expiring in 90 days. We are half way through and have decided not to buy the property (estimates on updating the property came it much higher than we anticipated). Our existing home is listed & we have not received an offer - is the only way to get out of the contract to wait it out (and not take any offer on this home) - or if we decide to break the contract and forfeit the EMD$ - would they be able to sue for more damages - just want to confirm what our realtor is telling us...thanks much!August 07 2012 - US00YesReport a ProblemProblemSelect oneOffensive contentIrrelevant contentSpam (pure self-promotion)OtherDetailsYour emailPlease enter a valid email address.Submit CancelContent flaggedWe will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.