Profile picture for CarmenB

Good news!

We got an offer on the 19th they wanted to know that night. They wanted the closing to happen Dec. 14th. We held them off a day. We wanted to see if the house we've been looking at on-line was worth buying. It was so we accepted, then put an offer on the house.

I am now in a wirllwind of making phone calls, packing jumping up and down with glee and not cleaning!!! Cat puke and baby toys, who cares!!!

BTW I'm the one with the pool table in the dining room, and on a flag lot that no-one wanted. We dropped our price 50,000 this last time and said that was it. If it didn't sell we were going to take it off the market for a few years. I convinced my DH to drop it so much because of remarks on Zillow, and the fact that a new small development literally down the street was selling houses at 399,999. We had dropped our price to match their price and then the rest of our subdivision followed suit. We had already lost a sale because we didn't have a finished basement and all the houses that lowered their price did. I figured we had to something drastic.

The couple loves the property. We have a lot of trees in the backyard, my husband never cleared it out to have a lawn. The lady stepped out back and said, "I love trees" I knew they were going to put in an offer.

We accepted it but of course it's not over until the fat lady signs the papers. If all goes well I'll be celebrating Christmas in my new (older, smaller but suits us) house.

Thanks to all here on this site and also "the dark side" as well. I feel I have learned a lot. I lurked quite a bit before adding my 2 cents here and there.
  • November 28 2007 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for fairygirl43
Congratulations! Happy house selling fairy dust all around ******* :)

Profile picture for pub123
thats great news!!!
unfortunately my potential buyer could only get approved for 160 and we are asking 210 8(
best of luck!!!

Love good news! Best of luck to you in this crazy selling process!

Profile picture for fairygirl43
That stinks, pub! Let's hope the fairy dust works for you too!

Profile picture for CarmenB

I will think positive thoughts to all the sellers here on Zillow. Since people are still trying to see my house including an agent today that rang the bell and was annoyed that I wouldn't let them in. ( I hadn't gotten a call. ) I must still have some good vibes. Now everyone touch their screens and say, I will sell my house, I will sell my house.

Great Carmen!!!!!

Congrats!

Profile picture for mustsellfarm
Many Congratulations :) :) :)

Profile picture for Luv2cook
Oh Carmen, that is GREAT news!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! We did the same thing - dropped our prices drastically by $50K due to a new development near us that was finishing soon. We did NOT want to compete with new homes and the incentive that they developers throw in. Great move - and now you can make a great move!!!

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail
That is great! A pool table in the dining room? Uh-oh. The home staging police at HGTV won't be happy! LOL

Profile picture for CaliShannyNJ
Carmen:
Woo-Hoo!

Hey, I love pool..oh, I thought you meant swimming pool, J/K LOL

I hope this all runs smoothly for you!

Cheers,
Shanny

Profile picture for greg1231
Carmen,

Have a smooth closing. Congratulations!

Alpine, the Beverly Hill Clampetts had a Billy Yard table in the fancy eatin' room, even had pot passers, fork and napkin holders and everything!

Contragulations Carmen!

Profile picture for PJ Sassifras
Congratulations, Carmen! Wishing my best for a smooth closing!

LOL, Daniel.

Congratulations!! GL in your new home!!

Oh Carmen! The best news today!!!! That's wonderful. Keep us posted how it goes.

Profile picture for CarmenB
Gee I wish I'd known about this site when we first put it on the market. You are all so wonderful and supportive.

The home inspection on the new(old) house is tomorrow. I hope it goes well because the place really does have all the space we need for all the outdoor toys. The yard is fenced in, great for my little girl and there is a park across the street. No more driving 10 minutes!

Thanks again for all the support.

We're all saying a prayer for you Carmen. The only way we can make it through this process is to help one another in the best way we can short of sending a fully approved, wonderfully honorable buyer, is to provide one another encouragement and support when we get down. So once you are through the process, we hope you will stay on zillow to provide others the encouragement and support that we all need. Good for you!

Congrats!