Profile picture for StasciaPollock

Got update on zestimate. Right house but mapped in wrong town. Please look closely and fix this !

My house is in Belmont with the proper description but is mapped in a nearby town called Woburn. If you look closely you will see it is mapped in Woburn(not belmont)and says closest schools are Woburn public schools. If my home is on zillow I would like it to be accurately displayed. 3x asking it to be fixed. thanks
  • July 26 2012 - Belmont

Profile picture for StasciaPollock
Thanks so much! It is mapped a few towns over... I appreciate your help!

Profile picture for blue screen exile
You need to claim your home and drag the icon to the correct location on the map under the edit feature.

The schools will still say the "closest" school, not the "actual schools", and the schools are not used for the estimates in any manner.

If you are only moving the icon a block or two, it will have no impact on the estimate.

If the division lines are incorrect on the base maps (from MS-Bing), that will also have no impact, unless it is a wrong county line.

Last time I moved a home icon, I had to set a "make me move" to enable editing first.  But it was easy to remove the Make-me-move after I fixed the map location.

You can also edit the school information after you have claimed your home, but it still won't impact the estimates.  Still it is nice to have school information that might mean something to a reader rather than just "physically the closest".