Profile picture for matt1707

HAFA Relocation Money for Tenants?

The owners of a recently sold(short) duplex received money to relocate via HAFA program. What assistance should the tenants receive?
  • January 16 2013 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for sharie027
Does anyone know how I apply for this relocation assistance?  I am currently renting a house in NJ that's being sold as a short sale and was told by the landlord that I'm eligible.  But she doesn't know how to apply.  No one seems to know.

Profile picture for matt1707

Thank you for your reply. I was the owner and did receive the HAFA relocation money.

The non-borrowers/tenants must move out within 30 days of COE. Should I direct them to a specific website/govt entity to apply for their own relocation benefits?

Matt

This quote is from the Bank of America site.

HAFA relocation assistance of $3,000 will be paid only to the primary resident (borrower or occupant) of the property at time the agreement is executed.

- Nonborrowers (tenant, legal dependent, parent or grandparent) can now qualify if occupying the property and must vacate upon closing.

I presume the 2nd paragraph is if you're the sole occupant of the home (you would receive the money even if you were renting).

Judging from the 1st paragraph, only the landlord will be getting the money.