Profile picture for whigus

HELP! Got a quote, gave personal info, now wondering if it's legit!

I was sent a quote for loan requestZR-BHPZNTN . I know the credit score is low, it is due to some insurance/medical billing problems...my insurance is a little different in that I don't pay the bill from the health care provider, it is supposed to be sent to my insurance, who pays the balance then takes my portion out of my health savings account. Well somehow that hasn't happened once since I've been on the plan, so I am trying to figure out how to get all that junk out of collections and properly filed. Any suggestions? Ok, back to the topic...I got the quote, contacted the lender (Billy Jung with Pacific West financial) and gave him personal info during our conversation. I was so excited to think I might be able to move my family into a home of our own. I usually pay rent early, and have never been late on it once, so I know I can handle a mortgage payment and was so happy someone would take a chance despite my lower score. But now I haven't heard from him and am unable to contact. Also, he had a negative review, which was almost immediately followed by 2 fishy 5 star reviews from brand new members to the site...red flags are popping up & now I'm worried!! What should I do? I thought this was safe since Zillow confirms their lenders?? He has my personal info... any help would be greatly appreciated!

April 20 2010 - Oklahoma City

And.........he's still a confirmed lender. 

Surprise surprise.  Still providing income for Zillow therefore who cares how he treats consumers.

The profile page is very different, looks like now only quoting high Fico requests.

Hey Bob, does Wells really have a Jumbo 5/1 Arm that balloons in 5 years? See the link, in your professional opinion can it be an Arm if it can never adjust????

http://www.zillow.com/mortgage/LenderQuoteDetail.htm?quote=ZQ-JGPCNXD

whigus, you should look at this thread:

Wow!

Think twice before giving information out and do triple check ups!

Profile picture for whigus
Thank you all for your responses! I was scared & confused, especially since I am really just beginning to learn about the home buying process. He did call again, but I missed the call. I called back and was unable to reach him. I do not know whether his offer was legitimate or not, but I do know that I would not want to work with a lender who was so difficult to reach. I am going to keep working on saving for a down payment and improving my credit score, then work with someone more recommended. Did anyone else notice his "positive" reviews seem to have the same "voice"? As though maybe they were written by the same person...a person with what seems like semi-broken English? Kind of weird...I only hope I do not pay dearly for this in the future in regards to my credit & reputation since this lender has sensitive information. Also, I could not find his license in the California database. RED FLAG!! Wish I would have known beforehand to look for this info...

This guy quotes ridiculously low rates with no lender fees. Most that I have seen are for loan requests with troubled credit histories. There are some lenders who can do the credit scores below 620 or even below 580, but at nowhere near what this guy quotes. There is no way this guy can deliver what he is quoting. I happen to work for a lender that does some lower credit score loans (sub-580 FHA & VA, west coast only) and his quotes are typically 1% off on the rate and 3 pts off the cost of what our rates go for. His service areas say CA only, so why is he soliciting loans in OK?

I'll see you, and raise you a TRIPLE Huh???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

double-huh?????????

HUH???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Profile picture for pw financial
Nobody at zillow would sign up and stick aound for 2 yrs and hope to get a better quote. Most client are just sign up and try to refinance their property or buy a new home. You just sign up on April aslo so what makes your review accoutable?  Please provide the zillow contact info for your quote about that concern you mention with pacific west financial....

Whigus - Please be sure to leave a review for this lender and share your experience with others.

Good job Andrea!

Profile picture for AndreaSmolin
Yes Nic I have.

Profile picture for Ken Kopper
Thumbs Up Nic!!

With a credit score under 620 not many of us are going to be able to help them Andrea.  Have you followed up with that non-responsive lender who is offering them a product that they cannot deliver?

whigus-You need to get with a good lender that can help you work on your credit score to get it over 620.

Profile picture for AndreaSmolin
Dear Whigus:
I have contacted the lender to see why they have not followed up with you.  Since I see you have not received any more quotes for your loan request, you might want to reach out to one of the top lenders in your area in our directory to ask them about your loan scenario.

if the score is low (below 640?), some of the brokers I think are just throwing it up againts the wall to see if it sticks.

If he is nonresponsive then move to another lender. Maybe some CA lenders can tell you how to file a complaint if he will not respond. The quote you received from him on Zillow included NO fees and am wondering if you received a Good Faith Estimate. If so, did it include any fees in the 800 section (top 1/3rd of the GFE ) like origination, appraisal, processing, underwriting, etc?????

Do more research on the company. Try to locate the management team and speak with them. Most states have approved lenders listed on thier web site.