HELP! I did not lose my job nor get laid off but I don't qualify for the HAMP.

Nor do I qualify for the inhouse modification,.  I had financial difficulty that is now clearing up and I could not make payments for 3 months.  I need to do something because I think they are going to foreclose.  Short of bankruptcy, what else can I do?
  • May 03 2012 - Chicago
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for ModHelper
If you are only 3 months behind the foreclosure is most likely a few months away.  Check the foreclosure process in your state.  Here in California the NOD is filed after 3 months delinquency.  The BK is always an option but you can file the morning of the sale to stop it, so most people rely on this as their very last option.  I would look at alternatives before playing that card.  
Many people get denied for HAMP, for bogus reasons.  What was the official reason for denial?  
Also when you are denied for HAMP, your lender will normally look at in house options.  The HAMP program is very restrictive and sometimes in house modifications can be better terms.  
If you haven't already done so I would call your servicer back to see if they are looking at your case for an in house modification.

I may be able to help you. [phone number deleted by Zillow  moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]

Yes.
There is another solution for underwater loans.
[website and contact information deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Can you ask your bank for a forebearance agreement now that your hardship is gone? 
Matt

Profile picture for JohnWilt

Contact a Real Estate attorney as sometimes they can delay the sale using a few tricks.  Be careful of any company that says they can delay this or negotiate without an attorney. 

Profile picture for Matt Laricy
I would speak to a real estate attorney and see if they can help you out. You should also talk to a few others lenders about refinancing.