Profile picture for drominge

HELP! I was working with an agent and was interested in a particular home. My partner found the home

• August 19 2013 - Seattle
  • 0

Save yourself some headaches. Ask your first agent for a written acknowledgement that he is no longer your agent, and has no claim to a commission on any property he showed you.

Hi Drominge!

Why do you think your agent failed on your offer?

It sounds like you weren't positioned strong enough over other potential buyers so the seller didn't feel enticed to accept your offer.

These days, with how competitive the market is, if you're financing a home, one way to make sure you stand out over the others is to get truly approved before you submit your offer...  not just pre-approved.  This way, if you're making an offer for a home that's below what you are already truly approved at, with an actual loan commitment approval, from the lender you're using, you're able to give more confidence to the seller along with offer them a quicker closing than other buyers who are also trying to finance the same home. This will increase your chances of getting your offer accepted and owning your new home.

I also work with a lot of strong local agents in our market so I can make sure you get prompt responses on all sides of the process to make sure your whole transaction is completed efficiently and doesn't miss a beat.

You can reach me through my profile if you'd like to discuss this further.

Profile picture for drominge
The first offer is dead and I fired that agent who wrote the offer.  He bungled it.  I now want to write a second offer on the exact same home without an agent, at all.  I'll represent myself.  Can I do this without owing the original agent anything? 

Profile picture for hud_va
You will have to do something with the first offer then you can go on from there.

Profile picture for drominge
Can I write an offer twice, on the same house, with different agents (or no agent at all)? 

Profile picture for daveskow
??