HELP! My lender turned us down for a modification! What can we do now?

I don't know what else to do, we got behind on our payments a couple years ago and for the past year have been working with our lender to try to modify.  We've tried three times and its taken a year!  I just got a letter that we've been denied and now they want to do a foreberance that will add $1000 to our payment to get caught up.  There is absolutely no way we can do that.  They said we make more than the national average.. What can I do to keep my house??

July 19 2012 - Brighton

If you haven't already attempted to use or go through HAMP I suggest you try them. It is a Government program which is completely free. They assign you a counselor which will work with you and the bank to attempt to modify. Several attorneys, Realtors and companies whom claim to be experts go through HAMP but charge the homeowner. If you want to do a little more research log on to www.makinghomeaffordble.gov. GOOD LUCK! Now keep in mind that the Debt Relief Act of 2007 will be expiring at the end of this year. This alone might help you in deciding the route you want to take. 

I really don't want to do a short sale or foreclose, I'm trying to stay in my home.   Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I have this wonderful Short Sale Guide that gives all your options available if you would like me to send it to you FREE of charge. It talks about more then just short selling your home.
There are some free governmental resources that you can contact as well who are specific to these types of issues. This too is in the guide. 
It has some helpful information. Your other option is talk to a lawyer who specializes in foreclosures, short sales and banking issues. They may have some additional advice that can help.
[content removed by Zillow due to spam.  Please refer to our Good Neighbor Policy.]