HELP!!

I am looking to sell my house. I have done many upgrades over the last 7 years. Such as New siding, New metal roof on the house and shingled the garage, new windows, some new appliences, new flooring and added a 14x21 with 10x8 walk in closet. Along with fencing in 3/4 of the yard. That is just a few things that have been done. The picture that is posted on Zillow is from when I first bought the house. So I am wondering if that is what the fair value is going off of. I have not had it apprised for 7 years. The issue that I am having with compairing to houses in the area, is that there are alot of student rentals neer my house. Alot of these places are not in the best of shap. Please help me out how I can get an idea as to what is a fair value of my house before I spend the $500 to get an apraisel done. Thanks

August 20 2013 - Prior Lake

Hi Tony,

Hire the best professional Realtor you can find.  Ask friends, family, etc for recommendations.  Your Realtor will do a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) for you to show market activity and value.  Please call / email if you have questions.

You don't need to pay big bucks for an appraisal.  Why not ask a REALTOR to give you a "Best Price Analysis"?

Systems like Zillow may not be able to accurately handle the large number of variables and adjustments that you need to evaluate your home properly.

You can also look up on Zillow the accuracy of their Zestimate in your area.  Keep in mind that the Zestimate is an approximation.  Only about 30.5% of all Zestimates in Minnesota are within the +/-5% range for accuracy in their values.  Check out the accuracy here: http://www.zillow.com/howto/DataCoverageZestimateAccuracy.htm

A Realtor will give you a market analysis as part of their listing presentation. Make sure that you ask them to show you an estimated net proceeds sheet. The value of your home is important, but the bottom line is paramount!! Best wishes on the sale of your home!

HELP!!
Profile picture for Amy Williams
Latest reply by Amy Williams
  • Posted by Tony
  • In Pricing

1. 4060 Pleasant St SE, Prior Lake, MN Home For Sale
    4060 Pleasant St SE, Prior Lake, MN 55372

2. 14845 Louisiana Ave S, Savage, MN Home For Sale
    14845 Louisiana Ave S, Savage, MN 55378

3. 13737 Inglewood Ave, Savage, MN Home For Sale
    13737 Inglewood Ave, Savage, MN 55378