Profile picture for kindn3ss

HOA Free House

I would like to sell my house of $150,000, but I need to find a bigger house with no HOA fees, and apparently everything that looks good is HOA Based (unless I missed it already?!).

Can anyone give me a good advice as to where to find these kind of houses? The prices we're looking for is pretty much roughly around $150.000. Thank you, people! :)
  • April 08 2010 - Chandler
  • 0

Profile picture for hpvanc
I wasn't shopping in AZ, but my observations from my shopping in WA, was that there was a $25-30K premium for homes not in an HOA. 

You may have to lower your expectations.  Personally I think it is a bargain for not having to put up with an HOA and the risk of them becoming defunct could leave you with an even bigger bill.

@Maria,

I can tell you one reason for me. We had to take in my mother-in-law. Our HOA only allowed a guest to stay 14 days at a time and no more than 2 months out of a year.

You really don't know everything that you can't do unless you read the entire HOA's CC&Rs. They can become very labor some. Anyone can hire a Gardner and Pool Service for less than their HOA dues and have 100% control of what they can do in their own home.

Plus now, with all the distressed properties HOA dues surely will rise. .... Happy funding, Rudi  

Thanks everyone.  I did not see that when originally viewing the GNP, however I'm now aware and won't do it any longer.  I am use to TRULIA and they don't have that same policy and are very agent friendly and actually allow blogging on their site too.  Thanks again.

Profile picture for nwhome.us
Though self promotion does not show up in the Good Neighbor Policy it does show up in Zillow's definition of Spam, fortunately.

If the OP is interested in the kinds of responses and history that you have on the site they will go to your profile and contact you from there, Steph.

Profile picture for The LaPeer Team
or here. Is that enough explanation?

Profile picture for The LaPeer Team
Stephanie - if the original poster likes what you have to say, they can click on your picture and get your info so that they can contact you.

You are wrong about leaving your info. It is spamming and it is better to take my gentle "policing" rather than what the anti-Realtors on here will say to you. For claification you can search the Pro-to-Pro threads for more info on this. Look here or here to start.

Cindy, the questionor, Kindn3ss asked for non-HOA properties around $150K and that is what I provided.  I don't know how I'm suppose to provide that information elsewhere since we as agents don't have  their contact info.  Thanks for policing the website. 

P.S.  I double checked the Good Neighbor policy and I'm in compliance. 

Profile picture for The LaPeer Team
Stephanie - no self-promotion on Zillow advice. It's against their Good Neighbor advice. If the op likes what you have to say, they can click on your picture to get your contact info.

Kindn3ss
I searched for non-HOA properties in Chandler (not knowing where you're looking) between $100-$150K since you didn't provide "sq footage" requirements.  Hope this helps!

[ Deleted by moderator ]

Stephanie, no need and (and against policy) to post your contact information in the threads. That is what your profile is for. If a user likes your answer, and they want to contact you, they will go to your profile.

I'm just curious why you don't want to be part of a Homeowners Association?

If you are working with a Realtor, they should be able to search for listings that do not have an HOA attached to them.  If you need a contact for a Realtor that can assist you in the east valley, let me know, and I would be happy to pass the info along!

That's probably going to be your best bet!