Hand Written on Yellow Lined Paper, with red ink I want to ($ BUY $) in the center

Last July a Broker wrote to my clients that HE wanted to puchase thier mom's home in a very affluent area. He hand wrote the note on yellow lined paper with red ink. It was a very short note and he highlighted the note with $ BUY $ in the center of the page. He did not disclose that he was a Broker in the note.

Today, months later,  I came accross 2 more notes identical to the ones written in July to yet another person/client. Yellow note paper hand written in red ink. They were exactly like the note I saw in July. They both had " We want to $ BUY $ Your home"

These notes were from 2 different people. neither was the person who wrote the note in July.

I called one of them. He said he hired someone to write the notes for him. He hastily hung up.

Question: Is there a RE seminar that is encouraging this simple comunication marketing?
BTW all of the "note" writers are Licenced RE in the State of California. None of them disclosed that. The first note was followed up with a "remember me?" note.

Anyone know of a "program" that involved this kind of marketing? I find it kind of creepy.

January 20 2010 - US

There have been multiple studies that have shown that hand written notes in red ink on yellow paper are memory triggers. Used in a sales/marketing setting, the agents are probably using the tactic to help people remember their names. Unfortunately, these agents just came off creepy. Even longer notes in red ink on yellow paper are memory triggers. They don't have to be short and cryptic to be effective.

Sounds like tactic from one of those "get rich in real estate" scams.  They probably want to buy the home for 50% of what it's worth, assuming the homeowner won't have a clue.  I guess they think if they send out enough of these "notes" someone will eventually call them.  Whatever makes the phone ring ...

I'm with you ... it's creepy.

In staging terms, I would call that not-neutral and likely to illicit a negative & don't-trust-this-one response.  I would think the phrase 'I want to buy', coming through normal channels, would be enough.

I am looking forward to seeing the responses to this one, Phyllis.