Hanging Real Estate License

Hello All,
I have had my license for 5 years but have been inactive for 2 years after doing Commercial Real Estate previously. I currently work full time in another unrelated industry.  I would like to hang my license with a brokerage company that is comfortable with me doing Real Estate soley on the side and by referral basis only.  I would only need access to MLS and Contracts only.   Does anyone know someone who I can talk to?
Ryan Cagle
916-276-7301
ryanecagle@gmail.com
  • August 30 2011 - Roseville
  • 0

It sounds like one of the big guys (Keller Williams, Lyon, REMAX, etc) would be the best fit for you. Most of them only charge a per file fee or percentage and allow you use of their resources including their office. 

I believe name brand like Keller Williams has buyer agent program.
It does require a nominal fee (~$20s/mo) for the website, and eEdge.
The advantage of staying with a national company is the ability to meet clients in other branches. People learned to greet you allowing you to use their conference rooms and tend to less rude.

I also believe the commission split for buyer agent is more reasonable.Other brokerage may have to split 50/50 or less by charging
other fees. 

Ryan,

I would look at Connect Realty before you make your final decision. Listening to your scenario and what you are looking for they probably will provide the best platform for what you are looking for.

KW Roseville is a great place to hang your license as well.

I'll talk to some people I know and will e-mail you if I find anyone that is interested in bringing on someone that is looking for the situation you are looking for.

Sincerely,
Greg

Ryan, go talk to either:
Gail Jones
548 Gibson Dr. Ste 200, Roseville, CA
(916) 788-8862 ‎ ·

or

Linda Eisemann
3001 Lava Ridge Court, Suite 100, Roseville, CA
(916) 838-4338 ‎ ·

I am pretty sure everyone would welcome you.  I have not seen a company unwilling to allow you to hang your license with them just because you want to conduct real estate part time.  Keller Williams is not a bad place to start out.  I say this because they have the marketing resources that helps out new agents and veteran agents.  As KW agents we get a cool website that has built in email drip campaigns along with the drip contents.  In the back office you can manage your clients, separate them in groups and select various email marketing campaigns for them.  This will free up a lot of your time.  There are tons of videos on scripts, listing presentations, door knocking, etc.
Good Luck