Profile picture for msdvah

Hard working agent

How do you know when an agent will really view you as a long term client versus just a job. I haven't been successful in finding one in Las Vegas
  • May 16 2013 - Las Vegas
  • 0

What are your expectations?  What are you looking for?  Have you been pre-approved?  Please, give us a little bit more information so that we can assist you.

Profile picture for Tony Ngai
I can't speak for others, as I can only speak for myself here in CA.  To me, it's not just a job, but a partnership that will last a lifetime.  I make this my personal goal for everyone that I meet along the way.

My advice is for you to keep on looking until you find the right agent for you.

Please see my reviews on Zillow.  I hope that helps.

Profile picture for The LaPeer Team
I'd like to think (in my idealistic way) that there is the right agent out there for any buyer who wants one. Just like looking for homes, sometimes you go through a lot that you don't like. Talk to them on the phone before you meet them in person. If the conversation seems stiff and they can't answer your basic questions, then move on. Each buyer has a different set of needs, so you have to find an agent who can help you with yours specifically.

Profile picture for Jason Muse
Listen to them during a conversation and see if their actions match their words.....There are plenty of great agents out there.  Referrals are a great place to start.  Call them up for a face to face meeting and come to the meeting prepared with questions.  Search for reviews and don't hesitate to ask tons of questions.  

Actions of an individual will speak louder than words.  Best of luck

I would interview the agents and make sure you are both on the same page. I always try to look at buyers and sellers as a client for life. Good communication skills also helps. I would be happy to talk with you. I am always available to answer any questions you may have. I am sorry to hear what you are experiencing.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt 

I adhere to a "client first" philosophy.  As there is value in property, there is also an inherent value in superb client care.

Profile picture for Rebecca Marvel
You'll know when you've found the right agent.

@Rebecca: 

If  "You'll know when you've found the right agent", what do you suggest to a consumer to identify this agent in the interview process rather than several months into a contract?

Profile picture for Andrew Finney
Thank you for your fascinating post!  

I cannot speak for other REALTOR's only myself.  I believe in establishing a great relationship with each client.  Real Estate is not a job to me rather my passion!  I truly enjoy real estate and doing my part to ensure every client is happy.  

I will be you and all my other client's from your assisting you in finding your first home and listing. buying homes until you live in your dream home!  Real Estate relationships with clients, if done right, are a lasting life-long partnership!  

If you have any questions please let me know.  I am always happy to assist!  

What are you asking of them as in long term client? I consider the biggest majority of my clients to be extended members of my family. They usually here from me or see me once a month, even after they purchase or sell their home. I have had clients that call me for months afterwards on a regular basis needing information or phone number for other services like doctors, dentist, that kind of stuff.

We are not all the same. Good luck.