Hardship withdrawl from 401k that i cant invest anymore worth it?

I moved to a salary position at my job which from hourly has a totally different 401k. I can't invest in the hourly plan anymore and I have about 8k saved up just sitting there. I'm currently enrolled in my salary 401k which is better then the hourly. I was wondering can I hardship withdrawal from my hourly 401k plan since I can't transfer or move the funds somewhere else?

Note: for a downpayment
  • July 28 2013 - Newport News
  • 0

I am fairly certain you should be able to roll over the old 401 K to the new one....
Find out which plan is easier to draw from, then make your decision.
Best wishes, Jim

Congratulations on the promotion!  Call the administrators of the 401K program and find out their criteria for hardship loans and also your access to this previous account. Good luck!