Profile picture for golfcigars1

Has anyone EVER had Zillow finally correct erroneous info they were reporting about your home?

I have e mailed Zillow repeatedly for over 1 year with the correct info about the purchase price of my home. I paid $222500 in 12/09...actual public record tax stamps indicate $223000. Zillow continues to note I paid $127000. I dont get why Zillow wont correct the info. Each time I send the accurate info Zillow indicates it can take 2 weeks to correct the info...only they never correct it. Mighty frustrating. 
  • March 02 2012 - Pinehurst

Profile picture for SohoMojo
Years ago, zillow did update the correct information about my home, but they have since deleted the corrections and reduced my home's value accordingly.

They (zillow) don't *** care about accuracy.  Their site exists merely to generate ad revenue. Accuracy is no more important to zillow than it is to the re-elect obama campaign.This site is for entertainment purposes only; it is in no way a source of factual information.

Profile picture for SohoMojo
They (zillow) don't **** care.  Their site exists merely to generate ad revenue. Acuracy is no more important to zillow than it is to the re-elect obama campaign.This site is purely for entertainment purposes only; it is in no way a source of factual information.

Profile picture for Neil R
  • Neil RZillow
Hi golfcigars1 -

Our apologies for not getting back to you in a timely manner. I was able to check your flags and verified the transaction from county records. I'll send this for correction and we'll email you for updates.

Neil

@golfcigars

What you are witnessing is the worst customer service of any US public quoted company. Zillow is an embarrassment and reflects everything that is bad about the US economy. Maybe the fact that the Zillow CEO worked at Goldman Sachs explains the ******' attitude as he and his Boardroom colleagues cash in millons of $$$$'s of virtually free stock options at the expense of consumers, as they use controversial zestimates to attract users to their website purely to generate Advertising revenues. 

* required editing to get past the good neighbor policy

Profile picture for Paul Werner Jr
Welcome to the infamous Zillow website.  I've only been a member for two months, and looking at all the questions posed by other members, it absolutely astounds me how they remain in business.  I've learned that the website is nothing more than a blog site for members to vent their anger and disgust with the multitude of inaccurancies they publish.  "Customer Service" is just setting back and laughing, while Zillow Advice members fight it out and see who provides the most response counts.  Ignore Zillow and try a more professional real estate website like MSN Real Estate or Trulia.