Profile picture for mckylie

Has anyone ever tried Alli?

Or know anyone who has?????

August 01 2008 - US

what is that hun??

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

I know someone who has.  Not to be totally disgusting, but basically if you eat too much fat, it turns to this orange grease and you can't hold it in.  She had a really bad accident in her car on the way to work, and didn't know it.  It leaks out and there is nothing you can do to stop it.  But she stopped eating too much fat after that.  It basically helped her to be very very careful of what she ate.  She's lost 10 lbs I think.

orange grease that makes you poop your pants??

I'll just stick to coffee and Cig's thank you...

Profile picture for mckylie

Julia - it's the only FDA approved weight loss pill.  I decided to give it a try.  That does scare me about the fat thing but as you said - it really helps you be careful of the choices you make in what you eat.  I have tried it since Monday and so far no "accidents".

ROFL julia!  The diet of champions.  My two food groups as well.

Ohhh. 

Just be careful and dont get sick from it. Drink ton of water too.

That kinda stuff scares me a little bit. it can be hard on you kidneys and liver.

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

Good deal mckylie!! It doesn't happen to everyone.  It allows so many fat grams right? And if you have too much, it will let you know.  That is what I've heard.  I have wanted to try it.  I think they have a script strength too or not?

Profile picture for mckylie

Julia - I have been trying to drink tons of water!  I don't plan on taking it too long.  I just am at the heaviest I have ever been right now (not counting weight due to pregnancies).  Up until a year ago I was working out faithfully.  That went down the drain once I decided to put the house on the market.  I had a hard time getting back into it.  So, I have gained 15 pounds and probably more than that considering I have lost muscle as well!  I am just doing this to help kick me into gear.  I have always had problem watching what I eat (my Mom and I joke that neither of us could become anorexic if we wanted to because of our love of food) and I know this will help because of being scared of the "sh!ts".  And I have started working out again.

Profile picture for Valhakar

I have, it works.  The affects are 2 fold.  It lowers the number of calories by reducing the fat you digest.  It also acts as a behavior modifier.  If you skip the pill at a meal and have a huge cheese burger, you still get the negative effects as the drug stays in your system.

Eat poorly and get the greasy runs.  Pretty strong motivator, specially if you are also walking/jogging a few miles a day as well.

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

LMAO mckylie! Good luck!

Suggestion if you have trouble drinking your water:  Get some Crystal Light or something similar, they have lots of different flavors, they've got vitamins but only about 5 calories.  Some of them taste awesome!  It still counts towards your water for the day.  Pomegranate and cherry I think it is, that is my fave.

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

Isn't Alli made especially for women????????A

The sh*ts scare me too!!! LMAO!!

I can see how that could keep you very honest!

If I spent less time on Zillow and went back the gym I think I might have musle tone again. I just had to give you my 'be careful mom speech'. This market made me lose weight from stress, and now I am going the other way.

You what would make us skinny again?? Is if we got a nice all cash offer with a 2 week closinng. All of that packing would lean us out real quick!!

Profile picture for wannagonow

MC i tried the similar drug (forgot the name) a couple of years ago the doctor gave me samples to try and it was really gross!  I had terrible cramps and oily discharge from my rear==that you cannot control.   I guess the idea is NOT to eat at all or obstain from fatty fried foods.

I only had to lose about 10-12 lbs. so I tried to do on my own.

If you have a few days to yourself, where you don't have to go out in public, you can try it at home. But I recommend depends to catch the soil in the pants problem you might encounter.

Profile picture for mckylie

I do drink crystal light sometimes because of the trouble drinking water.  I can only drink so much water a day before I need something with taste!!!!!!!!!! 

Good to hear it works Valhaker.  And that is the main reason why I am taking it right now - to help modify my behavior.  I love food so much and can't limit it on my own!  So, the thought of getting the disgusting "sh!ts" that you can't control scares me to do it!!!!!!!  As I said, I don't plan on taking it too longs since I don't have "that much" weight to lose.  I just want to fit into some of my cute outfits again and look good in them!!!!!!!!!

Profile picture for Valhakar

Betterlate,

Alli is over the counter Xenical, a weight loss drug used by both men and women for years.  I lowers the body's ability to digest fats.  That means both good fats and bad fats, so it is not a good long term solution.

I'm not even sure where to start with this ... goes back to the comment I made on another thread last week about taking a pill to get sexy but noone wanting to come near you because you crapped your pants.  It doesnt make sense to me to take a pill that makes you crap your pants.  If you somehow think of this logically and still are able to reason out that it is worth it ....  you might need professional help. LOL

Profile picture for Loan.Ed

I've heard of some pretty horrible side effects but crapping of the pants may be one of the worst.

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

LMAO Spec.  you made me almost cry laughing so hard. LOL taking a pill to get sexy but noone wanting to come near you because you crapped your pants LMFAO

That is basically it.  LOL  Some people don't have that problem though don't forget.

Profile picture for mckylie

LOL Spec.  I probably could use some professional help!  I am not trying to look "sexy"  My hubby loves me the way I am.  But weight has always been a thing with me.  Even when I was in highschool weighing 110 pounds.  I am not overweight - I am in the normal range but the upper end of the normal range.  I just want to wear my cute clothes again!  I don't want to go out and buy a new wardrobe!  And the side effect is a good scare tactic for me!  I don't want to crap my pants!!!!!!

Profile picture for Valhakar

Well, I have 4 choices being a 6'3" male.

1.  Remain 2-3X more active than most people.  Golf 4 days a week, walking the dogs, gardening, riding an ambulance as a volunteer EMT a few days a week, hiking trails every weekend + normal job/life

2. Eat 1500 calories a day with no alcohol or sweets and plateu at 240 pounds.

3.  Walk, play golf, live life, eat 2000-2200 calories a day with alcohol and sweets included.  Take Alli if I see a weight spike.

4. Go back to being 350+ pounds.

Well there is a 5th otpion.  Gastric bypass, but who knows that that will mess up.

If you cut all MSG out of your diet you would be surprised how much weight you could lose.

Profile picture for mckylie

My hubby is 6'4".  And he likes his snacks!  But he has maintained a decent weight over the years.  And since he is tall he can carry a bigger belly better than me at 5'4".  Doesn't look so big on him!

Yeah, I don't know about Gastric.  I had a friend who did it.  She seems to be pretty healthy right now and eats so much better (it's been about 5 years).  But the emotional "side" effects of it were rough for awhile.  If anyone does it, I strongly recommend staying in the support groups and counseling like they suggest!!!!!!!

try triathalons. They work for me, I'm about 10 pounds over where I want to be, so I am going to do a few triathalons this fall. (of course that forces me to run and swim to get ready... I already bike plenty)

Profile picture for mckylie

I am not a good swimmer rob!  I don't like to get my hair wet!  He-he!  I just don't have the time to train with the family!  But as I said - I am getting back into working out again.  I have only been doing cardio this week but next week I hope to start with the strength training again!

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

My bf can lose 10 lbs in a day.  I've seen him do it.  It's mostly sweat LOL but he gets out there and works in some tight shorts and when he comes home they're falling off of him. So one morning he weighed and again when he got home, he'd lost 10.5 lbs.  Same clothes and no shoes.  He drank lots of water but worked his ass off and sweat til he was soaked.  I wish I could do that!!!!!!

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

I know his shorts stretched out some from the sweat too.  But it's like those people who don't eat and work out all day to lose 7 lbs to be in a certain weight class for wrestling or boxing.

if you went all organic on EVERYTHING you would lose 15 pounds in a month. I did it, then got sneaky with the breads and sugars.

Gained 6 pounds back the next month. Its a life style choice and a tough one. if your over 30, your body wants to to hold on to every single cookie and piece of bread you eat. Its hard.

Profile picture for Valhakar

Rob,

After my divoirce I hit Australis for 6 months backapcking.  Hiking 25-40 KM a day with pack and the food was what we could carry many days.  I never dropped below 240 pounds.

Not an excuse, but I seem to have a weird set of rules.

Profile picture for Alan May

I have tried Alli, when it was brand-spankin' new, and without getting too graphic... let's just say that the reports of ... er.... um.... nusainces are NOT highly exaggerated.

ewwww..

Profile picture for Alan May

nuisances, rather

(damn that lack of an edit feature!!)

New Help Section
filter based on school rating
Latest reply by Pasadenan
1 day ago | 2 answers
Dunes Tavern & Conspiracy Center
Latest reply by Pasadenan
Delete My Account
My Zestimate is WRONG
Profile picture for lucphan1937
Latest reply by lucphan1937