Has anyone found a great lead generation system that truly brings results for Realtors.

September 07 2011 - Puyallup

Well success is in the eye of the beholder.

Success with online marketing has to do with just shear numbers. Unfortunately I have found that it is a training issue. For some reasons Realtors think that just because someone fills out a form online that it means that they are ready to buy or sell a house. It's just not true.

I also find that many Realtors try to brand themselves online. This is also a challenge because about a kazillion other realtors are trying to do the same thing.

Focus on lead generation. Exchanging the information that the clients want in exchange for their contact information.

This will start to create a database... This is the key to true online lead generation

If you'd like a totally free lead generation website

CLICK HERE

I took this lesson from Donald Trump it doesnt matter where I'm at, or what I'm doing. It sounds like low hanging fruit but I fit my elevator pitch into every single CONVERSATION I have.

Now, I capitalized "conversation" for a reason. Because I've seen a lot of people do it and insert their pitch, that's not what you do. You need to set up, include both sides in the conversation, and strategically fit, you and what you do into it without coming across as abrasive or turning the person off to the conversation.

Then once you've done that, incorporate the call to action. To test your skills, make the checkout line at Wal /K Mart or Target your superbowl.

Ya, it's called Zillow Premier Agent Program!!!

Trulia just recently came out with their version where a zip code is dedicated to one realtor for the % you are willing to pay. But comparing to Zillow it's more expensive. The disadvantage to Zillow is that it bundles more than one zip code. You get one or two you like, and you pay for one or two you don't necessarily like. You get bundled whether you like it or not.

But are the leads real and profitable? Without a doubt!

I have been an agent for 8 years and my business has grown mostly from referral.  To add a boost to my business I have been very successful as a premier agent with Zillow.  It has helped me get listings and close buyers.  

Profile picture for DrewMeyers
Carol-
How much traffic is your website generating? Is it converting your traffic into leads? Where are you spending your marketing dollars now? I'm assuming those channels are not working?

I'm in Sammamish, so not super close to puyallup, but not far. If you're ever on the eastside, I'd be happy to do coffee/lunch and talk things through with you. Producing real results IS what we do at Virtual Results. You can email or call me if you want to learn more.

Zillow itself is working best for me.  Read about that and other lead generation ideas on my website

[website deleted by Zillow moderator. Please refer to Good Neighbor Policy]

Depending on your area, I think that you might be able to pick up some good leads by targeting businesses that have frequently new hires like medical groups, large employers with facilities in more than one state etc. Most of these businesses are happy to pass your name along to new hires or prospective hires to "show them around town".

If they accept the job, the hour that you spend is likely to result in a sale at some point. Doctors, technical professions and other medical professionals have good salaries and tend to relocate more than the average so it might be worth planting seeds with some of the local HR or office managers in town.

It sounds as if we are both doing the same thing to grow our business. I Have been working my sphere for nearly 9 years now. Monthly news letters, Post cards of just listed and sold. Staying in constant communication with them. My data base consists of a select 130 clients who I feel are my A and B clients. I do need to add another section though to my business as John said best, I need pools to draw from and this is where I find myself a bit stuck. Thank you so much for both of your answers they were great.
Carol Maines

I echo Sharon's sentiments. I've been in Real estate for almost 9 years now and have built a solid base of referrals.  I stay in touch with my clients with a (mostly) monthly newsletter, an annual client appreciation party and other notes and pop-bys throughout the year.  Typically about 80-90% of my business is referral.  That all being said, I'm also a Premier agent here on Zillow and get a few quality leads through their program each year as well.  You should have at least three methods of generating business, referrals, expireds, for sale by owners, REO, sites like Zillow, etc.  If you have three (or more) pools from which to draw, if one is somewhat empty that month, you'll have the others to draw from.  But the bottom line is that it's just work.

I have, I go out and meet people and talk to them about their real estate needs. 
I also make sure that I do the best job possible for each one of my clients so I can get referrals.
There is no magic pill. If you want to work in any sales profession, give your clients the best service possible.