Profile picture for shilos7

Has anyone used BluFi Online Direct Mortgage Lender in Carlsbad, CA? Thinking of refinancing...thx!

• November 11 2010 - Los Angeles

Profile picture for maryaitken
We had incredible service from BluFi Lending. We ran into problems with our appraisal and they worked with us towards a fair, equitable solution. In fact, had they not responded so well I am sure that we would have gone with another lender. Big thanks go out to Brett Korf who was our customer service representative. He was amazing.

I was very hesitate to refinance over the internet because I had not dealt with any loans in this manner and frankly was nervous because you hear about some many people getting scammed and I didn't want to be one of them. Starting with our first conversation Kim answered all my questions giving me more information that I had asked for. She completely put me at ease concerning a long distance loan. Kim and Mark kept me informed of what was going on at all times, was very clear as to what they needed from me and was more than accommodating to all of my needs. I was totally shocked how quickly the loan was processed. Thank you BluFi Lending, Kim and Mark for making this process so easy. I will know exactly where to go should I need another loan. I will gladly recommend BluFi to anyone needing the service. Thanks again.

Manny from BluFi Lending was phenomenal. He basically took my hand and walked me through the entire loan process explaining everything every step of the way. Where I had been told no many other places due to the decline in value of our home, Manny never allowed me to lose hope. We started at 4.375% and ended locking and closing at 3.875% on a 30-year fixed. I never have to refinance again and now have the peace of mind of knowing what our house payment will be for the entire tome we own it. We are so pleased with our experience with Manny and BluFi Lending that we have recommended friends to them as we feel confident that they will be well taken care of as we were. Thank you Manny for all your hard work and for treating us like friends instead of just clients. In terms of home loans, BluFi Lending was the best thing that has happened to us.

I'd like to take the opportunity to express my thanks and gratitude and to acknowledge the hard work and professionalism of Diego Dobson, Loan Officer at BluFi Lending. It is clear that Diego's primary objective and concern is on ensuring that his clients are completely satisfied. Not only did he find me the best rate, he proved (every step of the way) that he is reliable, trustworthy, and an expert in his field. Diego worked diligently through the entire process, from his initial call to after the actual closing. He was easy to reach, accurate with all of his facts, and vigilant in tracking and communicating rate changes and trends. On top of all of this, Diego is genuinely likable and an easy guy to work with. I believe that Diego is a tremendous asset to the organization and I was fortunate to have worked with him to get my loan processed and funded. I highly recommend BluFi Lending and Diego Dobson for expedient, reliable, and professional home lending services. I will absolutely utilize Diego for my financing needs in the future, and will advise my friends, family, and peers to do the same.

Profile picture for workabee
Big surprise. Another BluFi shill registered today and already puffing away. You two should get a room link

BluFi Lending loan staff was fantastic and most courteous people I have ever met via the phone calls in my life. They provided great and courteous and accurate service, always responding to all my phone inquiries, and provided many options for loans than my own mortgage which refused to help me out via the refinancing despite of my pleas. From initial start to finish, their loan staff, Stan/Mark/Tommy had kept me fully informed. They were working on getting me the best deal for my financial situation - I almost ended in bankrupt stage due to loss of my wife's income suddenly and I had to rely on the credit cards to pay off the bills over 1.5 years. In the meantime I had checked many locally based financial institutions but the impression I got was they were simply waiting for me to declare "bankrupted." My unique experience with BluFi loan staff was so memorable and I will not forget what their staff has contributed to my financial revival. – in fact the loan staff indeed saved my life and my family from the financial chaos and crisis. They had an amazing and professional staff to pin point the problems I had financially and guided me to swim through whenever some documents or info had been missing, they knew exactly what to do and coached me in a step by step guidance. Closing the loan process within less than one month and rescued me is an amazing drama. I do not have even one complain to their company but many praises to them and the company. If anyone's asking for refinancing, I will be their advertising company myself. They will get the most amazing service from this particular company..

I used BluFi and had good experience. I locked my rate right away. The closing cost remains the pretty much same from start to end. My credit card was charged for appraisal as agreed. We closed less than 3 weeks. There are minor errors here and there and they are corrected immediately as soon as I contacted my loan officer.  They also tell you in one of the disclosure form that they will sell the loan to another bank so they are not trying to hide that. To get competitive rate, I would recommend that you get quotes from several lenders and ask BluFi to match the best offer you have.

Profile picture for workabee
New user extolling the virtues of BluFi Lending. Sound like more crap from the paid BluFi shill. Surprise surprise link

My son used this company and everything was wonderful they even signed at a lesser rate then were originally quoted.in17 days Not only that they referred a friend and they got the same amazing customer service and closed in 15 days

BluFi Lending pulled a bait-and-switch scheme on us.  They promised us a 3.375% refinance rate and closing costs of $2,500, which was to be rolled up into the new mortgage balance.  Once all the paperwork was completed the mortgage officer called us to congratulate us on having our loan approved, however there was a little glitch.  BluFi stated their loan underwriter approved the loan at a rate of 3.675%, which would "only" cost an additional $20 per month.  Also, we would need to pay $8000 out of pocket to complete the loan.  Needless to say, we rejected the "deal".  This experience cost us $400 for a property appraisal.

Very  bad experience!  Do not use this company.  They take money out of your account without your authorization and tell you one thing and do another. The process took much longer than expected and wish I had never started with them to begin with.  A nightmare from start to finish!  Use a reputable company instead!

weeks after completing a loan with Blufi they took money from our credit card and ordered a new appraisal without authorization or even contacting us. When the appraiser called to make an appointment I told him that he or Blufi must be mistaken. Blufi then contacted us to request that we have an appraisal done and a new loan as they had a problem moving the loan to the secondary market. They offered an incentive for our cooperation. We supplied again all of our financials and met an appraiser at our house. Two weeks later they stopped communicating with us and when my insurance company sent me a letter of "non payment" which BluFi was supposed to pay through escrow monies we had paid them I found out from their servicing dept. that our loan had been sold and they had no further use for us so they just stopped talking to us.
     We were directly lied to and misled to gain our cooperation. This company CAN NOT BE TRUSTED even after the loan has been closed

I use to work there, got laid off with many others because they didn't lock many loans and had to eat the fees! They are not a direct lender...they give the loans to B of A...but we were told not to tell the customers that. I would not trust them. Bad management and a Chinese owner that is not trustworthy and treats employees as a number.

Profile picture for workabee
"A  very pleasant experience" kidsolor
"a very pleasant experience" PatHall7

You could be twins. Coincidence? No, just more crap. BluFi is quickly turing into BullFi.

Profile picture for PatHall7
I refinanced my home with Blufi Lending. It was a very pleasant experience.  It was a 20 day turn around from start to finish. 12/2011. The online mortgage experience was simply fantastic with zero closing costs and 4.25% rate. Great Service.

Profile picture for workabee
Wow. Spanking new poster to Zillow extolling the virtues of BluFi. How convincing...NOT. Give it up, your spin is more tired than Joe Jackson's strap.

Profile picture for kidsolor
  A  very pleasant experience .   I got a great rate , great service , no B. S.    would highly recomend.

Profile picture for workabee
Dude, no one is believing your spin for BluFi. Give it up.

Profile picture for bobjcal
I was reluctant to use an online lender and BluFi was one of the 8 that I checked out.  I got the best quote from them and was almost convinced by a few of the other lenders that what they were telling me was too good to be true and that I would find out that they were misleading me.  I read all the negative reviews below and was concerned, but gave it a try.  I was very concerned about qualifying in time so I did everything I could to respond to their requests for documents right away.  I have very low income, but have a decent amount of savings.  Because of the complexity of my documents, I probably faxed over 200 pages to them over a ten day period.  

My loan was approved within three weeks. Everything they told me was accurate.  I trusted what they were telling me and never felt any pressure, AND, the closing costs came in UNDER their estmate.  

Thank you Peter Dinell and Humaira.  I knew it was going to be a lot of work, but did not expect it to be such a pleasure working with you!

.  .  

Profile picture for kfure
I had a great experience with BluFi. We closed within 3 weeks during a very busy refinancing time!! Nobody could beat their rates and everything went smoothly. I read all documents with a fine-tooth comb and asked tons of questions. There were no surprises. I would use them again in a heartbeat. (We closed quickly -- but I was also very responsive in returning all documents they requested immediately.) Thanks Devin and Jena!!!!!

Profile picture for dianes3
I personally tried to ge a loan with another company and had a terrible experience.  I'm so happy with Blufi they made my loan possible by working with me.   I have referred several people.

Profile picture for MebMe
Just because I saved my $15K, it doesn't excuse them for their failure to perform.  They should be held to the same standards as any other service business.  They still cost me an extra $1200.  That $1200 could have been used to actually have a loan that closed on time with another lender.

As far as not having any future problems goes, they slid an impound agreement into my final paperwork.  The topic of an impound account had been discussed numerous times and in great detail prior to final papers.  I made it clear that I did not want an impound account and since there was nothing in the terms of the loan that required it for a discount, lower rate or any other reason, they said they would remove it from the paperwork.  When the final papers arrived, it was still there.  At that point I had to either sign or have my rate lock expire again.

By the way, nice positive spin on all the negative experiences that people have had with them.  If you're okay with your experience with them just because of the eventual outcome, that's great.  But I'm not.  There is this little thing in business called "ethics".  Most MBA and undergrade business programs that are worth anything have a required course on the subject.

I think a company is still accountable for how they conduct business.  Just because the eventual outcome of a transaction is better than some alternative outcome, it doesn't make it okay.  The end doesn't justify the means. 

yeah I understand how you feel Mebme. Its exactly how i feel. we dont get to really see whats going on on the back end specially if you never met anyone. (I am local and never stopped by) The fact of the matter is it takes time for a refinance and thirty days should be enough time but not in all cases. After researching it more I noticed that a lot of companies are going through this same thing "Direct lenders". Im guessing you "locked in" sometime in November when rates were low then all of the rates drastically jumped. something happened on there end that they are not telling us. But as long as we save our money (15k) and have no future problems then we should be good. Sounds like the vicious circle of real estate. thats why i hate real estate companies all about the mighty $$$$

1 for 3 isnt that bad Haspiko. they are a newer company how come you refinanced so many times. Sounds like you were a little greedy yourself??

Sodammn- Sounds like there is another issue with your.

Profile picture for sodamom
Very bad experience.
'Wasted 6 weeks and they kept extending locks at higher rates...I could have signed with my local bank for a great rate with a longer signing period.
We have excellent credit, had all our paperwork submitted in 3 days and completed the appraisal. They  could give no reason they were unable to complete the process, other than...."sometimes it just takes longer."

I would have appreciated honesty, rather than their creepy approach.

I'm going back to my local bank. Sometimes a good deal isn't one.

Profile picture for hasapiko
Bad experience!
I have had the same experience with BluFi as MebMe except that they won't even let me buy an extension. I provided them with all the data they wanted and funded the appraisal right away. They just said my lock is going to expire and I can either renegotiate at today's rates, which are way higher - or walk! I was shocked. I have financed and refinanced for years and never been treated so poorly. And this was my third financing with BluFi. They had performed well and provided great customer service until this. I just don't understand the change. My guess is that their customer - BofA - has been pressuring them to stall since rates are going up.

Profile picture for MebMe

Yes, my lock did expire.  It expired because they didn't complete their end in a timely manner.  I did everything I needed to do in a timely manner.  They didn't!  30 days was just not enough time for them.  That's why it expired.  They are charging me 3/8 to extend it... which equals $1200.  And yes, I am paying it because it still saves $15,500 in interest vs. taking my business elsewhere at the now higher rates.

The point is this...  I did what I was supposed to.  They didn't!  They dropped the ball and I'm paying $1,200 dollars that I should not have to pay.  If you read articles about this "rapidly growing company", you will see that they supposedly pride themselves on customer service.  I my case the customer service is absent. 

They made a huge mistake and won't fix it.  They have also had an indignant attitude when they were called on it.  The hide behind be the statement, "We're not making you do anything you don't want to.  You are free to go elsewhere for your loan."  It is true that I am free to go elsewhere, but at this point, it will cost me over $15,500 to do that.  I'm willing to stand up for what is right, but I'm not $15,500 stupid enough to take my business elsewhere at this point.

So now, I'm making it my mission to make sure my $1,200 is the costliest $1,200 they have ever earned (I'm using "earned" very loosely).  I am going to share my experience on every website, every internet article comment section and every review of BlueFi I can possibly find.

I am a san diego native and worked with Blufi before. I had a great refinance with a great rate. the only thing that stinks is i see they put up billboards around town and now they are stalking me everywhere I go i see BluFi!! Maybe MebMe your lock expired, as did mine i just paid the quarter point and continued on. Worth it at 4.25%. What was your rate? You should have a rate lock agreement. At least I did. Good luck to you.

Profile picture for MebMe

I'm still waiting for a phone call back. When a company notifies you that you will need to extend your lock and the very next sentence is "management is not willing to waive the fee" followed by a reminder that the rates have gone up, it's pretty calculated. 

I guess I shouldn't just make that assumption.  There could actually be an element of incompetence.  I'll update on the eventual outcome. 

That sounds terrible MebMe. My holiday cheer meter just went down reading that :( Have you tried talking to a higher level manager or something to see if they will honor their rate lock?

Profile picture for MebMe

I'm in the process with them right now and so far, it looks like the savings I thought I might realize was too good to be to.  With an excellent credit rating, turning in all my necessary items in a timely manner and them dragging their feet, they want to charge me a fee to extend my rate lock.  Even though the delay is their fault, they say they won't waive it. 

I'm basically being strong armed as they have told me I can take the appraisal I paid for and go to another lender if I like.  But they know it's still cheaper for me to pay their fee as the rates have gone up since I started the process.  It's funny how the mortgage lender of today has replaced the used car dealership of years gone-by. 

If you want to feel like you just got some lov'n, federal penitentiary style, by all means, use BlueFi!

1. 1
  2. 2