Profile picture for shilos7

Has anyone used BluFi Online Direct Mortgage Lender in Carlsbad, CA? Thinking of refinancing...thx!

• November 11 2010 - Los Angeles
  • 1

Profile picture for corvetteous
I am currently refinancing with BluFi. I felt like being teased because their initial cost was great. After a couple of re-disclosures by them, the cost skyrocketed. form an ok $900 to $6000. I was told because of more re-searching of my credit which was at 750. While it is true that there was a false judgment reported by one reporting agency, I quickly submitted to BluFi the credit bureau's investigation report stating that it was already corrected and the judgement was deleted a year ago. Why the increase in cost? Beats me. I am considering canceling the loan tomorrow and take the lost in the cost of appraisal.

Profile picture for BluFi Lending
BluFi is a true direct lender offering low rates and a team to bring the best customer service for our clients.  In addition, we have no foreclosures or loan fraud at BluFi.  Our clients can be assured that our loan process is made easy to get your loan funded as quickly as possible because we use a paperless loan processing so no mistakes are made.

In addition, none of our Mortgage Bankers (sales) receive commission so there will be no steering and no games but straight honest approach to assisting our clients.  We cut out the middleman aka brokers so we can offer low rates and fees on a daily basis.

Here is an article by Mortgage Origination News, a nationwide mortgage new publication about BluFi.

Profile picture for brianstewart617
No but I am currently working on getting a loan through them so let me know how yours gos

Profile picture for sgmmgs
I haven't used this company before.  In fact I've never heard of them.

There are many variables to consider when reviewing your refinance options.  The best way to determine which option makes the most financial sense and matches your overall goals is to have a TOTAL COST ANALYSIS provided to you.  This analysis will break down the interest left on your current mortgage(s) & compare the interest and costs of refinancing, along with strategies on how to best use/re-direct the savings.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.  We'd be happy to provide you with more information.

Best regards,
Steve

Virtually all lenders have an online presence in some form.  It is just some are more easy to find than others.  I can tell you that I am working with one person that has a problem with BluFi.  That does not separate them from any other lender at this point.  What I will tell you and you can take this to the bank.  Virtually all lenders are wrapped up in this massive lending fraud mess and all are trying to take back properties or short selling them to get for the purpose of getting as far away from them as possible so they don't get wrapped up in criminal charges.  If you are a buyer, seller, or a real estate agent even getting close to these type transaction is a potential criminal and financial disaster.

You can also try googling "BluFi Online Reviews" to see what kind of experience others have had.

Profile picture for Steven G. Hinton

The internet is a medium that you can use to find people and information. There will be a person at some location entering data and processing the transaction. The simple fact that you found them online doesn't tell you anything about how well they do their job. Spend some time on due diligence and make your decision.

Profile picture for Mills Realty
I don't like the answer Pat gave you.  Just because someone has an online presence doesn't mean they are bad.  I haven't had any dealing with the company in question, but another good source is the Los Angeles Better Business Bureau.  

Personally, I don't recommend any on-line lenders

1. 1
  2. 2