Have FHA approval; Any Help with downpayment?

I am paying rent on an apartment. This is not the best use of my dollars as the apartment is not worth the rent I pay. At the end of the month I have nothing to show for this expenditure. Yes, I have borrowed, for the length of time my payment allows, the use of that space but in order to continue borrowing the use of that space I have to put in another rent amount.  Feels like I am feeding a slot machine wherein I will never win. If I own my space, at the end of the month, I have put dollars into my own space, not someone else's. So that is my motivation, my need, to purchase a property.  I am approved for an FHA loan. Unfortunately, I do not have all of the downpayment.  Are there any options for me? Is homebuying the way to go or am I better off staying in this apartment and feeding the no-win slot machine? Some facts about me are that I am a 63 year old white female, divorced for 5 years, employed. I see this purchase as an investment for my 20-year-old daughter, a college student, living with me. I live frugally, having a low car payment as my only debt. Thank you.
  • February 23 2013 - La Vista
  • 0

FHA does have some home in different parts of the country that you can qualify for just $100 downpayment. Your lender has to have these programs in their arsnel along with USDA programs also gifts can be used for downpayment.

Lowell

Pending your area, have you heard of USDA? These loans are great for first time home buyers. Few restrictions, like a low PMI but overall they are a life saver. They have no money down options and you can build costs into the loan.