Profile picture for jtorinc

Have a house that is paid for. Have renters that pay $800.00 per month.LOoking to get a equity loan?

Looking to get a home equity loan for about $20,000 no liens on the home my credit is so so. I have paid cash for things all my life never really did the credit card thing? Do you think I can get a loan
  • March 18 2010 - Pennsport-Whitman-Queen

Profile picture for danielki
I thought equity loans were for primary residences only.
Could he not get an investment property loan?
He didn't say he didn't have a "score" What is "so so credit"?

Profile picture for shapiroamg
Might be difficult without a credit score. Do you belong to a credit union? If not is there any nearby you can join? Might be your best bet.

Assuming you eventually get an equity line, you might want to get a credit card or two. Use them sparingly and pay them off each month. This will ensure you have no difficulties getting credit in the future.