Profile picture for LindaMills4

Have been trying to get facts corrected for over six months. No followup from Zillow!

I have two properties which have major fact issues which Zillow will not correct.  I've actually had no response whatsoever from the multiple requests I filed with customer service.  The one change that did occur was egregiously wrong. After adding that my downtown San Antonio home, located in a historic neighborhood, also has a 900 sqft guest house (with full bath and kitchen) and five foot waterfall, Zillow then DECREASED THE PRICE OVER $12K!  I'm to the point of considering getting a lawyer to help me with this issue.  I see no other recourse, as I cannot get in touch with them and cannot get any response.

• February 16 2014 - Monte Vista
  • 1

Have you claimed your home and edited the home facts?    The Zillow help center has detailed instructions.

You may be expecting more from the Zestimate than Zillow claims it is able to provide as a computer generated number.    Texas is a non-disclosure state, so the accuracy is poor for Texas homes.  Please see "Data Coverage and Zestimate accuracy".

The FAQ "What is a Zestimate?" provides more information on the facts used in the calculation.   Zillow doesn't know about your 5 foot waterfall and only would include it if the tax assessor determines it adds value because then the impact will be in public records.

You are welcome to share your opinion of your home's value in the owner estimate section. 

Your recourse and options are described in terms of use.