Have you heard of real estae scams involving Ooie Tasuro

Have you heard of real estate scams involving Ooie Tasuro
  • October 15 2010 - Potts Camp
  • 0

The guy is using a new name- Atsushi Hiroki.Same method with detailed instructions and copy of a bank statement for bank in Canada.
Same scam

Has anyone encountered someone using the name Atsushi Hiroki?

If you can, please post the new name that is being used. The information on this thread has helped many agents and others avoid this scam. Many people google the name and end up here where they can find information, but fewer google the address. 

Posting the name if you are certain that it is a scam could really help people avoid it.

Profile picture for marianavlloyd
I received an offer from another Realtor for a listing I have located at 2615 Cattle Drive, Edmond, OK.  This is a cash offer for $435,000.  The property is listed for $450,000.  He wants to close on March 28, 2011 with a $5,000 earnest money.  We still have not received the earnest money, which has to be wired.  Same scam as the others. Same validation of funds, same address, but different name.

Mariana Lloyd, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Realty
405-833-9868

Profile picture for workabee
Rich man in Japan? Then he should use his vast resources and ask the Yakuza to bump his scammer alter ego offline for good. 

Profile picture for Akimoto Akamatsu
Please forget about Mr Tasuro, his a rich man in Japan , he has lots of company people us is name to scam he

Jan 27, 2011...Ooie Tasuro found me on Realtor.com and was looking to do  a cash transaction for his Japanese mansion he wanted.  Wanted an attorney for his escrow account of $155,000(monies for down payment and for furniture purchase).  Docusign was his method, which we did and receive the offer thru Docusign.  The seller of the house was a Real Estate agent and was savy to this as his office in Brandon, Fl just encountered same situation 30 days ago with a different variation of name, but Canandian Japanese.  Beware of this criminal....just Google his name and you will be amazed at his schemes.

I also received the request.  I did send him listings and that's when he sent me a very comprehensive email with instructions.  When I told him he was "infamous" and wouldn't be doing business with him, he replied with
"I am a legitimate business man, I owned 4 million dollor companies, please forget about people useing my name  I am aware about it, have  a nice weekend"

Best Regard
Ooie Tasuro

What craziness!  Thank goodness there are boards like this to keep us informed!

Also heard from him, but didn't do anything beyond sending him a few listings. 

I have just been contacted by Ooie Tasuro to write up a Buy Sell to buy a home here in Bozeman, this morning.

Profile picture for Wes Hankins
Yup! Same story as the rest... email made no sense. I looked into it and found lots of info on him.

Profile picture for aatom
I just received a request from Ooie Tasuro who claims to be a Japanese Canadian and wants to buy a house in Ann Arbor, MI  Glad I google the name, thought not before I has sent him doc's via DocuSign.  Wondering if they are getting agents to use or signup for this service??  Wanted to pay cash for a house, escrow money with an attorney and also escrow money to purchase furniture.  No enough due diligence started raising red flags because I didn't know what they had to gain by the whole thing unless they get a commission from DocuSign? They gave me a phone number for their account manager to call if any questions since they were traveling in Europe.  Now I see even more activity, so must be a scam after all.  

Like they say, if its sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  

Yes, received an email from him over the weekend in the form of a referral from Realtor.com.  Wanted to write a Buy/Sell over Docusign.  He is trying to scam attorney trust accounts.

Smelled bad so asked my real estate attorney to vet him.  End of story.  Ooie is a scammer

Profile picture for zakcentury21
I just got an offer from a good real estate company to buy one of my listings, same buyer's name Ooie Tasuro, but thank God the seller's daughter googled the name and e-mailed me the Link, I just want to say thank you guys for charing the information about this scam, without it we wouldn't know, my question is: what is this person going to gain or benefit from doing this?, first the earnest money must clear, second to close on a house you have to wire the money to the title company, since it is a scam, the earnest money will not clear nor the house will sell, they just waste our time and energy.

Yes, I just received an email from this fellow as well asking for my assistance with a cash purchase of a home.

Edgar Theisen

Same here, he e-mailed me yesterday and today and wanted documents send to him per www.docusign.com , I e-mailed him back that some seller's do not accept electronic signatures do to scam and that everything has to be done in PDF-Forms. Since then I didn't hear back from Ooie Tasuro. His e-mails sounded to good to be true, so I googled his name and here we go...found all the info here about him.

Profile picture for dacolan
After having been caught in the act by so many for several months now, how is it law enforcement hasn't caught up with this guy?

I recevied the same set of instructions as Deborah. I also found that Ooie's email in English was very good inspite of his statement that his Japense accent made him not very good as hs explanation for no phone only email communication I got as far along as completing our buyer-broker agreement & a Relationship in Real Estate forms which were docusigned and sent.  I did not mind my time lost as much as having given my attorney the referral followed by my attorney calling me to tell me he had to recind his verbal acceptance of the referral because Ooie's name was associated with scams. I feel a sense of some damage of my credibility with my attorney whom I highly respect. Better that though, than to have the scam end up owing money to an agency or firm.

My question is how safe is docusign? Is it possible for your digital signature to be stolen?

Scam and thanks for posting this. Had a immediate gut feeling but google did the trick

I was contacted by Ooie Tasuro so I emailed some listings from the local MLS. He sent an email with scam-like instructions so I didn't reply (this was just today). I'm glad I found this information so I didn't waste anymore time. Thanks Zillow!

I had a similar situation with a multi-million dollar hard money loan a couple of years ago. As the weeks went on I started growing more suspicious.

Finally, I just told him of my suspicions. After several denials, through the following days, he finally admitted he was in prison and was "keeping his mind active." He was real good too. Like Ooie.

Happy funding, Rudi

Thank you so much for posting your experience Deborah. Your details will help a lot of people avoid trouble. Thumbs up.

He just contacted a few days ago me to write an offer for a $440K house in the Las vegas area.  States he is a Canadian Japenese and his english is not good and his accent makes it hard to talk on the phone.  He is good, and sends the POF and answers all the questions I asked correctly.  The red flag for me, before I did a search on him, was he kept stating he was mailing a check, before he had even signed a purchase agreement.  I did send him the purchase agreement to sign by Docusign, per his request.  I was questioning him all along, but when he kept stating he wanted to use an attorney and I had suggested a local attorney.  Then he kept saying he had sent money to the attorney.  Some of the money sent was to be used for furniture.  Gave a Ontario address with a Vermont phone number.
Beware.  This guy is good.

Generally these scams are versions of the Nigerian 419 scam where money will be sent in the form of a bogus check or wire that does not clear before the scammer requests either a complete refund of funds or a refund of an overpayment of funds.

It takes time for foreign checks, wires or money orders to clear and many times banks/escrow companies etc. do not know that the funds are not available for a week or more. The best thing to do is to post scamnmer email and the pitch they are making here so that others can avoid them. Zillow has advice on avoiding scams here.

Profile picture for CTrealestatePROs
ooietasuro@japan.com Just requested that I send him a purchase agreement for the second time in 2 years.  I guess his record keeping is not too good.  That said I am still trying to understand the con, given no transaction can happen or returns of deposits without receipt of funds.   

Received this email from him just about an hour ago.  Thanks for posting so we can be aware!!

Wow. That would be so scary. You did the right thing and I am so glad that you were not scammed..or worse. Thank you so much for posting the emails and addresses too. Doing that really helps anyone who googles. Many people end up on Zillow and are able to avoid the scam that way.

Thank you all for confirming my belief when i 1st saw this lead via Trulia Leads.  I just had a LIVE Threat via my company site & wrote about it on Active Rain. Please read if you get a chance

http://activerain.com/blogsview/1964898/be-careful-desperate-times-bring-out-scams-don-t-let-this-happen-to-you-

Ooie Tasuro found you on Trulia
From:
Ooie Tasuro
Nov 7, 1:56 AM
Email:
ooietasuro@japan.com
Sent to:
vianey@hanoverproperties.com

Message:
Can you help me to purchase my dream home?, please contact me

I I am glad I googled him. I got an email from him few days ago but as you all said every thing sounds suspicious. He wants to make an offer on a property with out seeing it and he can't speak cause his English is not good but his emails sound his English is very good. Do you all know what he is trying to gain?

I just got an email from "him" as well.  Said that he wanted a "6 to 4" bedroom home, $250,000 to $600,000 ... CASH of course!  

Thanks everyone for bringing that up, 

-Jen

1. 1
  2. 2