HeLp!!!!

ME AND MY WIFE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF PURCHASING A HOME. THE BUYER WANTS TO DO WORK CHEAPLY! i REALLY LIKE THE HOUSE AND THINKS IT HAS GREAT POTIENTAL,EVEN IF WE DONT DECIDE TO SATY IN THIS CURRENT CITY ,POTIENTIAL TO RENT TO COLLEGE STUDENTS. UPON INSPECTION WE FOUND EVIDENECE OF TERMITE DAMAGE TO THE ROOF, I KNOW THE DAMAGE IS NOT AFFECTING THE STRUCTURE BUT ITS TERMITE DAMAGE AND MY WIFE IS NOT HAPPY WITH IT. WE HAVE ASKED TO SELLER FOR CLOSING COST AND TO FIX MINIMAL DAMAGE THAT PRESENTS SAFETY HAZARDS. I DONT NOT WANT TO KEEP INVESTING HUNDREDS OF $$ INTO SOMETHING THAT WE MAY NOT GET AND COULD BE SPENT ON THE PROCESS OF ANOTHER HOUSE. I ANM ONLY LOOKING FOR MORE INCITE OF WHAT COULD BE DONE IF THE SELLER DOES NOT WANNA GET THE DAMAGE REPAIRED!? AND I UNDERSTAND HUNDREDS ARE CHEAPER THAN THOUSANDS. WE ARE FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS AND ARE LOOKING FOR OTHER THINGS THAT COULD BE DONE IN ORDER TO GET THIS HOUSE IN TO LIVEABLE AND INSURANCE WORTHY STANDARDS!? BY THE WAY DID I MENTION MY REALTOR SUCKS AND SEEMS TO BE WORKING FOR THE SELLER AND NOT US.IS THERE ANYWAY TO LOSE HER AND KEEP THE HOUSE!? (I GUESS TO RECIEVE A HIGHER COMMISSION--- MY OPINION)

February 04 2013 - US

Due to the circumstances of your situation it would be hard to replace your current Realtor in this scenario...if you decide not to buy this particular house, then you should get a new one--just make sure if you signed a representation agreement (like a buyer listing so to speak) be sure to make sure it gets cancelled or you will have other problems down the road. You should also have a really good conversation about your doubts with your current Realtor first, and get a feel for the whole thing.  If it becomes clear they are not going to look out for you, find someone that you believe will.

Best wishes from So-Cal and good luck

February 04 2013
Unless you are paying cash for the property, I will not worry so much about the termites since the appraiser will raise that issue and either the seller fixes the problem or your lender will not lend you the $$$.  Regarding your request for the seller to fix the problem now, if you are within the period of time aloocated for inspections you are OK but if that time has lapsed, you are out of luck.  Did you sign a buyer agency contract with your agent?  What is making the agent so undesirable?

February 04 2013
Did you sign a buyer representation agreement with the agent-broker?  If not, your agent probably IS working for the seller.  Real estate agencyis quite complex and standards differ from state to state.  I would ask your "agent" if she is representing the buyer or the seller in this transaction.

Either way - I would agree with the previous poster who observes you will not be able to cut her out of this transaction.

As for the termite situation - you need to ask the buyer to repair the termite damage and provide a letter of clearance for termites.  I hope you are still in the due diligence phase of the contract.  Your seller can choose to
1. Do the work
2. Counter offer
3. Decline to do the work

You need to decide if you still want the house if the seller declines to do the work.

Only an attorney - whih I am not one - can read your contract and determine with certainty what your legal options are in this situation.  If you were my client, I would recommend you spend a couple hundred dollars to get a sound legal answer.

Good luck.
Sally

February 04 2013
Are you paying cah or do you need financing? If you need financing, the lender will almost certainly require termite repairs to be taken care of befor close of escrow so you should be in a strong position to persuade the seller to do that.

As far as losing your Realtor, assuming she is representing you in the purchase of this home, it would be very difficult to ditch her. The concept of Procuring Cause comes in, regardless of if you have signed a buyer-broker agreement. If you have not signed a buyer-broker agreement and you decide not to go forward with this house, it should not be a problem changing agents then.

February 04 2013