Profile picture for ReadyHomeBuyer1985

Hello, I am looking for a real estate agent in Fremont, CA. Any help would be much appreciated!

October 30 2013 - Fremont

I would be happy to help you. Please send me your preferences for what you are looking for using the contact link in my profile. I would be happy to give you an overview of the process, answer specific questions, talk about offer strategy, and other guidance as well.

Kind regards,

Arpad

Unfortunately, it is not easy finding a good real estate agent. I value hard work, honesty and integrity...and that lacks in the industry, just like when buying a used car. 

When dealing with other agents, it seems like so many play games and think that is how you get the deal...have one up on them. If they are like that with other agents in trying to close a transaction, they are likely driven by their own narrow self interests, not yours.  

For example, for whatever reason, I felt uneasy when dealing with an agent that was going to essentially get a commission for just writing an offer. After a conversation that I thought was of the "meeting of the minds", I submitted a counter to the agent's offer. The agent then missed the deadline and asked the client to say the agent's phone died and that they'd submit a counter to my counter...and hopefully, my client would be happy. Their submission was a slap in the face after our "pleasant" conversation. The next day, the agent blocked his number and asked if the house pending yet, stating "My client really likes the house and I think they can still do "x" to make that happen". I said "I was straight up and honest with you. You knew what we were looking for. I'm not here to play games. The house is pending and you are free to resubmit and be on backup list." He states, "Oh, congratulations. That was fast."

Another time, I received an offer from a realtor working with a broker from another company.  He submits an offer. Then, the broker asks how many offers I had. I obviously did not disclose that. Come to find out, they were working together, tag-teaming me with the same offer, trying to negotiate the price down with multiple mind-game calls. I was fed up, and so was my client. We stood our ground and I think that was best.

It reminds me, first impressions count and you need to go with your gut. Just hope you are right, that's all.

If you need help, give me a call. I know the Fremont area very well. However, there is VERY low inventory. I suggest getting a full doc. preapproval and at least 20% down.

Choosing a real estate agent is as important as finding the best house. If you're not working with the "right" agent you will not have the " right" information that you need. Here are some qualities that a good real estate agent has:

1- Not all real estate agents are Realtors. Make sure to choose an agent who is a Realtor and is a member of the Local Realtor Association and have full access to MLS.

2- Your Realtor must have the market knowledge of the location where you plan to buy your home.  You can ask a Realtor to show you his past sales in the area and make sure to ask for some references.

3- Your Realtor is your key point of contact for any questions you may have during the home buying process. Therefore, It is very important that your Realtor is able to communicate with you in a timely manner and answer all the questions you may have.

4- After the first meeting, your Realtor should know what kind of home you're looking for and what your needs are. He/she should then be able to match properties with your needs.

5- Last but not least, Your Realtor should be an excellent negotiator. You need someone who can get your offer accepted even when there are multiple offers on a property.

Here's a short guide to pick the right Agent, hopefully you'll  find this useful.
Feel free to call/email should you have any questions or needed some guidance on this search.

http://www.car.org/aboutus/forconsumers/buying/usingarealtor/

Rommel Lubuguin has sent you some information from the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS(R) Web site.

I would like extend my services to you. Please call me or email me to discuss further.

I can refer you to a good agent in the Fremont-Newark area.
Let me know if you need his info and happy house hunting!

I'm shocked you don't have 20 responses already!  Good luck with your search.