Hello I live in California; my question is when I graduate from LPN school; I will be moving to la

Im 47 years old. I have been renting this hhome in my name for 14 years; alwaqys on time. I would like to repair this credit; but also dont want to be a burden on my family out there. Will I make enough to buy my first home; I really dont want to rent anymore.
  • July 06 2012 - Lake Charles
  • 0

Profile picture for kittenonkeys
Your education will count as experience provided you get a job in the field for which you are educated.  Salary:  I don't know.  You will need to meet with lenders as other respondent indicated.  I suggest a smaller, locally owned bank with more flexibility as well as perhaps a credit union with open enrollment and a mortgage broker.  Just don't let everyone pull your credit until you decide.  Even though several "hits" on credit within a small time frame for the same purpose are not supposed to negatively impact your score that much, when on the borderline, it can push you below acceptable score.

....and the question is...?  In order to purchase anything your credit has to be good.  I suggest, even without knowing your question, that you meet with one or two lenders and find out what you need to improve your credit and what your price range will be when you improve the credit.  Good luck!