Profile picture for bambam5733

Help..How do I stop an agent from relisting my house on Zillow every couple months???

I own a home and the agent who listed it keeps relisting it eventhough I am not selling it! Is there any legal stop I can do to help??
  • June 04 2012 - Princess Anne
  • 0

An agent cannot legally list your house for sale without your permission. 

Contact the agent, the agent's broker and the local board to describe the situation.   Most likely the agent has it in a listing feed somewhere that they temporarily inactivate and perhaps they've forgotten to permanently inactivate it (or don't know how).   When it is listed for sale on Zillow you can identify this listing source by opening the home details page and scrolling to the bottom.    Identify the source to the agent.  

If you do not have a legal listing agreement with this agent, you should file a complaint to his broker.  The broker is in charge of the agent.  This is not a legal activity and if the broker does not react in your favor contact the local real estate board.  I will be happy to help if you need assistance

Kay Basden,Realtor
William E Wood & Assoc
1208 E Little Creek Rd
Norfolk, VA  23518
[phone number deleted by Zillow moderator.  Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]