Help, I am a new agent, my listing shows up under another agent's listings. How do I get it under me

I signed up for a feed out to other websites such as Zillow. However, when I click on my listing on the list from the syndication site it goes to Zillow but my listing is showing up under another agent. There doesn't seem to be any way to "claim my listing" such as other sites have, unless I missed it. Thanks.
  • July 12 2009 - US
  • 0

Hi Tim -

I have checked on your listing at 1310 Ransom Ave., Brookings, OR 97415 and based on the record, your company is sending them to Zillow from 2 different accounts which means that there is another person from your office who is also handling this listing. Please check with Remax Coast and Country and discuss as to who will represent this listing on the website. In that way, you won't continue to override each other unless one remove this listing from his account.

You have also successfully disputed the listing manually on the site. Please be advised that that when you dispute a listing, this will stop the other account from overriding your information on the site. Any updates on this listing will be done manually on the site.

You may also want to wait for your feed provider, VLS Homes to run this listing to Zillow using your account and remove the other account from their database. Once we receive their feed, it will be automatically uploaded on the site and all updates must come through the feed.

Please let us know if you need further clarifications.

Hi Tim,
Spencer from Zillow here
Ronskie should come back here and help. But if for some reason you don't get your questions answered, you can always email me at spencer at zillow dot com.

thanks

I did that, now it is showing up as mine but the photos and other descriptions, etc did not follow over. Do I have to reload the photos? I have a call into the company who was providing the feed asking the same question. Thanks!

Hi Tim -

If you are the current listing agent of the property, you may be able to dispute the listing by following these steps:

1. Log in to your Zillow account.
2. Pull up the property and go to the Home Details page.
3. Click on the Flag listing which is located at For Sale by Agent section and click "Dispute listing agent".
4. On the next page, choose the third option which states "Agent error - It is possible that an agent claimed representation of this home accidentally or even intentionally", then click on "Take over this listing.

You may also provide us the specific home address so we can further check on it.