Profile picture for teamar8

Help, I signed all the closing documents and then found out there was a lien on the title.

I signed my closing documents last week with the title agency and the seller signed his documents as well. But when the title agency did a final title search before transferring the title into my name they found that 2 new liens showed up on the property for $80,000 last week. The liens are more than the appraisal or purchase price of the home. I found a new house that I want to make an offer on and I don't want to deal with this seller any longer. Can I make an offer on the new house and walk away from this old deal?
  • July 23 2013 - Warrensville Heights
  • 0

Profile picture for Tony Ngai
Yes, have your agent draft a cancellation and release of escrow, sign and submit to seller.