Back to Results
Please enter a valid email address.
Stating a discriminatory preference in an advertisement for housing is illegal. If you think this content is discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate and feel it should be removed from Zillow, please let us know by completing the information above.
We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.
Please enter text in the "Enter the text to display" field.
Please enter text in the "Enter URL" field.
Please enter a valid URL.
Please insert a video embed only
Why dont you ask your builder to reduce his price. The 24k over 30 years ends up being a substantial amount.
Do what will work best for you. Home buying is a big decision. Consult your financial planner or CPA. If a good real estate attorney is needed, contact. Contact Dickenson Gilroy at 770-518-5515.
The saddest part is I have a agent. I guess he didn't serve me as a agent should. My earnest money was just $500, and losing it is not a big deal. I asked him what will happen if I walked away from the contract he said they can sue me. I read over the contract, the wording is a bit confusing , but I didn't read that they can sue. I'm suppose to close on May 7. I don't know what I should do.Thanks for all the advice
"We only plan on being here fort 4 years and move out of state. I expect to sell this house and make a profit."Wow! I hope your buyer's agent did not tell you this.
Having bought and sold a few homes over they years I would never dream of dealing with this without a good real estate broker. My question is this. Who are you dealing with on this contract? Everyone needs to realize that a listing agent represents the seller, not the buyer. Their job is to sell the house, and to get the best deal they can for the seller.I bought a house last July. My wife and I had looked for several months. We looked at dozens of homes & picked 6 we liked Our agent told us not to buy & why. She always made sense.
Several weeks later she called up and said she found the home for us. We were under contract the next day.
Now we have a home we love. We got a very nice deal. It is everything we asked for except for one difference. It is about 500 sq ft more than we thought we could afford!
We only plan on being here fort 4 years and move out of state. I expect to sell this house and make a profit.
This is a question to consider with your agent, their broker, and possibly an attorney. I cannot recommend you default on a contract. However, it seems to me that you have a great home with an effective purchase price that is lower than the other home. You might renegotiate the new construction home without the interest credit.Really rates are quite low right now, without any buy down.
Take what the 2 previous posters have stated very seriously and then decide for yourself if the risks are worth the potential rewards, because it's ultimately up to you. Just make sure you are willing to accept the risk that you may end up with neither home, and plan for what you will do should that scenario play out.
The grass always looks greener...have you actually seen inside the other one and are you sure your offer will get accepted? You need a cogent reason to cancel if u want your emd back. Stick w your home and the tax credit. The market is volatile now and u will always see these differences.
Zillow Advice depends on each member to keep it a safe, fun, and positive place. If you see abuse, flag it. More on our Good Neighbor Policy.
For Sale: $25,000
For Sale: $1,199,000
For Sale: $62,000