Profile picture for mrfnuts

Hey Fellow Americans -- Happy April Fools!

...and you thought April 1st was April fools??

No, I'm afraid not, April 15th is in fact 'Your' April fools day.

You've been fools for the past 95 years.

Enjoy!

April 15 2008 - US

What ya taking about?

Ima gonna get a weebate!

Ima gonna get some ice cream and coke and candy and watch American Idol toooonight!

Chaching!  Tadaa!  YOY!

Profile picture for mrfnuts

Well, the American April Fools day has come to an end, and is the average American any less of a fool this year?

No, I'm afraid not.

At any rate, Happy American April Fools day!!

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Another stupid thread that is nothing more than a waste of bandwith. 

Does anyone have even the slightest idea of what this idiot is talking about? Since he said "fellow Americans", I can only assume he's American as well..which means he's making fun of himself too..someone has been huffing spray paint...

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

I think he is beyond spray paint.  I think he made it to glue. 

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

Tax day probably.  We've been doing taxes like this for 95 years?? Who knew.

Profile picture for mrfnuts

Of those that responded to this thread, BLTN and Spleng are obviously aware of the American April Fools day, glad to see there are still a few Americans out there who are not fools.  Alpine again demonstrates his hypocrisy and wonderous double digit IQ, and basbh, well, not sure if you join Alpine in the same category, however, the fact that you're pretty new here and already throw around uninformed opinions (as seen from other threads) leads me to believe you may.

To all -

I will be moving this thread to Mixed Bag.

Profile picture for mrfnuts

Well, Looks like Wesley Snipes didn't want to play along with the April Fools joke, and now, he faces big penalties.

land of the free??

Nothings free here.

You dont pay up, you go to jail.

Profile picture for mrfnuts
Bump for the 2009 Amerikan April fools day!!

A great annual event, now 96 years and counting!!

Profile picture for mrfnuts
And again a bump for 2010 !

Happy April Fools Day!

Somebody needs a hobby.

Might I suggest a good coloring book?

Profile picture for mrfnuts
Somebody needs a hobby.

Might I suggest a good coloring book?

This from a guy who works in an industry that is currently being heavily subsidized and is ultimately dependent upon those he suggests to get a coloring book.

Profile picture for blue screen died
Yes, I certainly feel like a fool after yesterday; and the rules seem to only get more confusing, and an extra page on the 540 this year that serves absolutely no purpose.

And I spent most of today revising a couple excel sheets to get a start on 2010 for the 2011 fools day.

At least the one sheet now lets me just put in a few numbers as I obtain them through the year (quarterly income, quarterly payments, business expenses, donations...), and gives me a full summary of state and federal taxes and social security taxes, and whether the sales tax or state income tax is the better deduction and whether it makes sense to itemize or not.  It is much easier to read than the tax forms and everything I want is on one 1/2 page.

I will need to change income thresholds on the tax calculations when those numbers are published, but that will only take a few minutes, and 2009 thresholds will be more than adequate for the estimates.

Now I finally will be able to see if my estimates are on target or need to be adjusted every quarter without doing any extra work.

Sure, the income is calculated as the average of the quarters times 4, which is really not true during the 1st quarter as more comes in 1st quarter than any of the others, due to those that hold payment at the end of the year...  But that means my 1st quarter estimates are conservative, and the law does not require me to pay more than 1/4 of the previous year's tax during 1st quarter anyway.

I have no objection to paying taxes; my objection is to the stupid misleading paperwork, and the foolish things the elected legislators spend the tax revenue on, and the excessive amount of borrowing done by the government for completely senseless things.

I like that the tax is progressive; but the rates need to be automatically adjusted so that the feds can't spend more than 10% of GDP; and so that the rate of the progression is automatically adjusted for the standard deviation of household income.

That schedule M?  It took me several times through to realize that it was only for W2 income filers.  Another government farce.

Profile picture for blue screen died
"Might I suggest a good coloring book?" -

Michael, is that what you spend 80% of your waking time on?

Profile picture for Lady Chattel
Pamela Anderson owes almost $500K in owed taxes :-p

Profile picture for mrfnuts
A milestone!

The 100th anniversary of this dubious event.

100th anniversary!?! Then a party is a must. I'll bring the cake, you bring the forks. :)

Profile picture for mrfnuts
And of course, everyone brings their checkbooks...

Profile picture for blue screen died
Well, I'm still frustrated with the defective government forms that won't run in the older software, and that don't properly save when modified with a newer PDF reader, and that electronic records get "trashed" with computer crashes, even if backups are made, and that the government thinks we don't want to pick up the books and forms at the Post Office, and that they think it is too expensive to mail anymore.

Not to mention, the State and Federal government advertise "free" electronic filing, but only if you go through "private" partnerships, who then seem to have your information.  And their sites don't work with cookies off.  They say it saves the government money (about $2) if one electronically files (and obviously saves the filer a bit of postage; maybe $1).  I was going to try it, but now it looks like it is back to the mail.

How much of our tax dollars are going to these "tax preparer" & private software companies?  How much is wasted on having someone type up the responses after people spend days trying to get all the info together in the first place?

I certainly feel like a fool again today.

Glad to see you again Mrfnuts!

Profile picture for mrfnuts
And it is time again to celebrate this this event where we bend our knee in fealty (or aptly, simply bend over) for the lords in Washington.

April 15
Profile picture for blue screen died
I get all the data and calculations to easily fit on one Excel page... yet the California form is 5 pages long, plus 2 pages for the 540-CA, and then they want you to include all the federal forms as well so 2 more pages for the 1040, plus who knows how many schedules with whatever number of pages.  So I end up sending 13 pages to the State for what should have been on only one page.

At least they got rid of the foolish schedule "M".

And yes, I spent many hours on my knees collecting and assembling the data, and copying to put in the records book, for the next time they call me in for a "review", typically two years after the fact.  They've already called me in twice, typically for their mistakes.

Nice to see you back mrfnuts.

April 15

New Help Section
manufactured vs stick homes: QUESTION
Profile picture for kael1945
Latest reply by kael1945
13 minutes ago | 2 answers
How can I remove the sold price for my home on zillow?
Profile picture for leyasdesign
Latest reply by leyasdesign
33 minutes ago | 4 answers
ZILLOW POSTLETS WEBSITE HOSTS SCAM ARTISTS
Profile picture for zuser20140927130036094
Latest reply by zuser20140927130036094
1 day ago | 13 answers
Is America Home 4rent a scam or legit
Profile picture for rsrtampa
Latest reply by rsrtampa
1 day ago | 35 answers

Sign in with Google