Profile picture for Chhaya Kumari

Hi, I (Chhaya) am looking for a house (3 bedroom, 2/3 bath) in Plano/Dallas area.

Any great advice for first time home buyer?

August 29 2011 - North Dallas

Hi Chhaya - My name is Preston Ford.  I am a licensed realtor with RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs.  I noticed from your post on Zillow that you are looking for a home in Plano/Dallas area.  My office is located Plano and I specialize in the area you are searching.  I would be happy to discuss your real estate needs in more detail.  [Self promotion removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.] You can reach me by cell or email.  Preston 

A high credit score like your will indeed make a difference.  You get better terms and rate and will be put in a stronger position as a buyer.  However, keep in mind that lenders look at debt ratio, income and other to determine your loan qualifications.

Good luck,

Naima

Profile picture for Chhaya Kumari
Thank you Naima, Damon, and others for your prompt reply! Yes Naima, as you mentioned  the first place is to get an estimate on the loan approval. I am working on it right now. I am not sure how much of a difference this will make, but my credit score is fairly good( on the high end) so I am assuming I should get approved for the amount I am looking for..I will be getting in touch with you  all soon. Thanks

Regards,
Chhaya

As a first time home buyer, you want to get pre-approved for a loan.  This step will help determine what price range you want to look in and what your monthly payments will be.

The rest, which is finding the right home will be easy, there is a lot of inventory on the market for you to choose from.

Naima

Hi Chayya, I work in the Plano and Dallas area regulary. I would be happy to assist you in your search. If you will contact me on my cell, website or email I'll get a list of properties that meet your criteria sent over to you. Thank you for reaching out.

I can, and would like to, be of assistance to you in your efforts to gather information about the Dallas area.  Please call or email me directly.  I look forward to serving you. Robert Schirmer

Call me. I can definitely refer you to some real estate agents in Plano Texas area .