Profile picture for CBOY

Hi, I just bought a home for primary residence, Can I rent it out for 6 months? before I move in t

I just bought a new home for my residency, can i rent out the house for 6 months before i move in the house.
  • May 13 2012 - US
  • 0

With respect to the previous answer you received, I would consult this situation with the lender.  I am sure that if you had told your lender that you were going to rent the property for 6 months your rate would have been different..  Beware, because your insurance will also change if you put tenants in it before you live in the property.

Profile picture for HankFeeney
If you are in a condo, co-op, or HOA; check your documents, because many times there are restrictions on renting the property. i.e. you must reside in the unit XXX number of years/months before you can rent. If the unit is a regular independent home. You should be fine.If you are planning on using this unit as an investment property for the future, you may want to consider creating a for-profit business entity(i.e. LLC or S-Corp) to own the property (of course you own the business) to legally protect you and your assets in case of any problems.