Profile picture for JM25

Hi. I live in WA state and have a short sale under my belt from a condo I sold after owning it for 6

• October 01 2013 - Kirkland
  • 0

conventional loan waiting period after short-sale

2 years – 80% maximum LTV (loan to value)
4 years – 90% maximum LTV (loan to value)
7 years – LTV ratios per the Eligibility Matrix that exceed 90%.

Hi there,
I'm also not a lender, but have been sent about a million emails from lenders recently about recent changes made by FHA for folks in your position. These changes allow some consumers who went through a short sale to qualify for a home mortgage in a little as a year. The waiting period for getting a loan through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac can be shortened to just two years. The criteria varies depending on the institution. 

Here is some more info on the FHA program:
With its new "Back to Work" program, consumers who did a short sale may qualify for a home loan in as little as 12 months after losing their home, as opposed to the current three year waiting period. 

Here are the criteria:
- Their mortgage delinquency was caused by a 20 percent or more drop in household income that continued for at least six months.
- The loss of income was due to extenuating circumstances beyond their control and can be documented (loss of a job, serious illness, death of a wage earner.)
- They have had reestablished satisfactory credit for the past 12 months.
- They complete counseling from a HUD-approved housing counseling agency.

I'd reach out to a lender you trust - or I'd be happy to connect you to a lender here in the Kirkland area if you'd like. 

Hope that helps! 
Ryan Halset, Realtor
Seattle Magazine, Best in Client Satisfaction

I am not a lender but in my experience it's around 2 years now.

Are you asking when you might qualify for a mortgage?

Hint on using Zillow:  in the future if you have a question, click on "post a question" first so you have chance to put a title with supporting text rather than running out of room.

Profile picture for JM25
what the heck? haha that is weird. Trying again.... I live in WA state and have a short sale under my belt from a condo I sold after owning it for 6 years. I never had a late payment. I had great credit. The loan was under my name only and then I married 2 years ago. When can I get a conventional loan and will it be any easier since my husband wasn't on the original loan at all? The short sale closed 15 months ago with no issues and debt was forgiven. Thanks!

Profile picture for daveskow
remainder of question needed....