Hi, I would like to check if non US Citizen's are eligible to procure US Mortgage financing?

I am a non US Citizen and I am interested in investing in the US property market and would like to know how I will be able to access the US Mortgage financing on these properties. Would you be able to advise?
  • March 06 2012 - Cleveland

I am a Realtor® Certified International Property Specialist, and I can tell you that there are a few lenders that finance non US citizens; feel free to contact me for more information.

Profile picture for shapiroamg

Generally you can get financing if you are legally here under the many visas allowed by Fannie/Freddie/FHA and have established a 2 year history of employment/income/credit/residence.

It is possible with a portfolio lender to not have the 2 year history mentioned in the above paragraph but expect to put down a very large down payment.

My best advise for you would be to talk to an attorney.