Higher end home buyers are starting to move.

Over the last few months I've notice an increase in my higher end buyers. To my surprise I thought it would of been because of the low interest rates but thats not the case most of them are cash buyers. Nice!

November 22 2011 - Las Vegas

Greg in California $1,000,000+ sales increased 21% over 2009. Cash sales accounted for 29%, the highest since 1994's 32% figure.

I'm doing my best to inform luxury property buyers that jumbo loans are not that hard to get, with rates in the 3% range on ARMs and 4% to 5% range for fixed rates. There is no need to liquidate substantial assets for their purchase.

Happy funding, Rudi

Profile picture for Craig1976
The high end in Texas has been morbid since early summer.  The debt crisis and everything that followed did not help, but I suspect our weather and taxes played a part too.  We don't have state income taxes but we pay 2.5 to 3% on property, so every $100k extra you spend on a home adds $2.5 to 3k a year to your cost of living.  The brutal summer meant lots of air con and water. I suspect the average McMansion was running $2k a month in water & electric, minimum.  Many recent transplants to Texas found this out the hard way, after they bought a big home because it was the same price as their little bungalow in California. 

What is the average time to close a short sale?
Profile picture for gator70
Latest reply by gator70
January 23 | 4 answers
Hard working agent
Profile picture for Deana Marr
Latest reply by Deana Marr
January 13 | 11 answers
Las Vegas Luxury Homes
Second appraisal
Profile picture for Sally English
Latest reply by Sally English
Do you think the market will get a little easier to buy say in like 6 to 9 more months it i wait?
Profile picture for Nick Richardson
Latest reply by Nick Richardson

1. 4841 Anchorage St, Las Vegas, NV Home For Sale
    4841 Anchorage St, Las Vegas, NV 89147

2. 7828 Paper Flower Ct, Las Vegas, NV Home For Sale
    7828 Paper Flower Ct, Las Vegas, NV 89128

3. 9958 Lorian St, Las Vegas, NV Home For Sale
    9958 Lorian St, Las Vegas, NV 89183